I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

On 6/20/2022 at 5:57 PM, Bleach said:

temp1_d09576377101dbabb6410841b2c1daeb8fbdbedf.jpg.ee860c98e7dd56379d7e927b4512d05d.jpg

... and when they get home,

any bets on who gets to drive the Riv ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

... and when they get home,

any bets on who gets to drive the Riv ?

Sure...the guy gets to drive it. Remember, it was 1965. What are you, 15 years old or something? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Machine Gun said:

Sure...the guy gets to drive it. Remember, it was 1965. What are you, 15 years old or something? 😁

Agree to Disagree,

But living back in Jersey in 1965 (and at least 20 years before that, and some years beyond - and Jersey was still Jersey !),

any decent guy had his wife, best gal, etc. driving the newer, fancy, showy ride while he took the more basic "beater" back and forth to work-

That IS how our family worked,

How our friends made it work,

and that IS how it was back in '65 in NJ.

Born and Raised in Linden, and having also lived in Rahway, Woodbridge/Colonia,

and Now approaching my 9th decade (No, I'm not 15 years old or something - any insults aside),

I still believe that IS what would have happened in 1965,

and what would happen today in most-any decent society.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Marty Roth said:

Agree to Disagree,

But living back in Jersey in 1965 (and at least 20 years before that, and some years beyond - and Jersey was still Jersey !),

any decent guy had his wife, best gal, etc. driving the newer, fancy, showy ride while he took the more basic "beater" back and forth to work-

That IS how our family worked,

How our friends made it work,

and that IS how it was back in '65 in NJ.

Born and Raised in Linden, and having also lived in Rahway, Woodbridge/Colonia,

and Now approaching my 9th decade (No, I'm not 15 years old or something - any insults aside),

I still believe that IS what would have happened in 1965,

and what would happen today in most-any decent society.

You saw the smiley face in my post, didn't you? Coming from Jersey I'm sure you understand tongue-in-cheek and sarcasm. Hell, my minor in college was sarcasm.

Born and raised in an Italian neighborhood in Paterson. How I miss how great that city was when I grew up there. I'm often tempted to ride through the old neighborhood when I'm down that way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Machine Gun said:

You saw the smiley face in my post, didn't you? Coming from Jersey I'm sure you understand tongue-in-cheek and sarcasm. Hell, my minor in college was sarcasm.

Born and raised in an Italian neighborhood in Paterson. How I miss how great that city was when I grew up there. I'm often tempted to ride through the old neighborhood when I'm down that way.

Hi Jim,

Yes, even 'though some folks might not-

and I hope you know my response was also a touch of the old Jersey sarcasm - surely not looking to start anything.

BTW - I had cousins in Fairlawn, as well as several friends and a 1958 & 1959 Prom Date from Paterson (East Side HS).

Also spent some memorable evenings cruising and a bite at Rutt's Hut, Big Top Car Hop, and Down the Shore.

Stay Kool !

1 hour ago, Marty Roth said:

Hi Jim,

Yes, even 'though some folks might not-

and I hope you know my response was also a touch of the old Jersey sarcasm - surely not looking to start anything.

BTW - I had cousins in Fairlawn, as well as several friends and a 1958 & 1959 Prom Date from Paterson (East Side HS).

Also spent some memorable evenings cruising and a bite at Rutt's Hut, Big Top Car Hop, and Down the Shore.

Stay Kool !

Hi Marty:

It's all good...'nuff said on that topic.

My mother graduated from Eastside HS and I graduated from Paterson Catholic (PC opened in 1967, might not have been there when you lived in NJ). I had an uncle who lived in the Allwood section of Clifton. Rutt's Hut was his go-to hot dog place. My place was Johnny and Hanges on River Street in Paterson. A bunch of us guys would meet there late Saturday nights to have a couple of hot dogs and lie about what we did on our dates 😜.

Perhaps one day we will meet up at a Buick event and swap stories from the days when we shared an area code.

Jim

• Like 2

In 1958, dad drove a 1950 Buick Special (the cheapest 4 door you could buy) and mom’s 1957 Super was parked in the garage.  She wasn’t the ‘typical old lady’ but that car was driven to church on Sundays and to the grocery store and the hair dresser’s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 5:57 AM, Machine Gun said:

I guess the little girl didn't get the memo that she's not supposed to be having a good time.

She just let her two brothers out of the trunk?

• Haha 1