I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

16 minutes ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Who would win , don’t know what the red/ white car is 

The car is a 1955 Oldsmobile. Whether it is an model 88 or top of the line 98 or Starfire I can't say but... sorry to say Buick brethren, that hydromatic transmission might get the Buick from the line...

Dad had the 88 and remember as a kid he drove her different when mom wasn't in the car.

Now, having said that, once out on the road I want to say the Buick has the guts! (hope that saves face - LOL)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dei said:

The car is a 1955 Oldsmobile. Whether it is an model 88 or top of the line 98 or Starfire I can't say but... sorry to say Buick brethren, that hydromatic transmission might get the Buick from the line...

Dad had the 88 and remember as a kid he drove her different when mom wasn't in the car.

Now, having said that, once out on the road I want to say the Buick has the guts! (hope that saves face - LOL)

Come on, Doug!  Where is your brand loyalty?.  I would bet on the Century, if the driver knew to drop it into Low. If he didn't know, shame on him.

Ben

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Come on, Doug!  Where is your brand loyalty?.  I would bet on the Century, if the driver knew to drop it into Low. If he didn't know, shame on him.

Ben

I know, I know Ben that it would get a reaction... LOL

I used to think my Special would do great things (and for the most part she did) but my best friends dad bought a new '70 Mustang Mach 1 with the Cleveland 351 auto trans and taught me a very humbling lesson. You know that expression, "Put your money where your mouth is!"

Having stated that, with having four '58 Buick's most of my life I think my loyalty shows but know their limitations, sometimes the hard way. hahaha

Edited by dei (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dei said:

I know, I know Ben that it would get a reaction... LOL

I used to think my Special would do great things (and for the most part she did) but my best friends dad bought a new '70 Mustang Mach 1 with the Cleveland 351 auto trans and taught me a very humbling lesson. You know that expression, "Put your money where your mouth is!"

Having stated that, with having four '58 Buick's most of my life I think my loyalty shows but know their limitations, sometimes the hard way. hahaha

Get yourself one of these Buicks and the you can talk Mustangs with your friend!

AC6BBCF6-FAEE-4763-BA7B-3505FCD227E0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pont35cpe said:

Sure looks like a `47 Cadillac to me..

No way, really?  I'd be disappointed, but could be wrong. 

Dang, you're right.  Buick would have inset turn signals in the fender and the tail lamp would have a rectangular section.  See photo below.  Don't you hate that all new cars look alike!

1947 Buick Roadmaster

Edited by kgreen (see edit history)

11 hours ago, kgreen said:

No way, really?  I'd be disappointed, but could be wrong. 

Dang, you're right.  Buick would have inset turn signals in the fender and the tail lamp would have a rectangular section.  See photo below.  Don't you hate that all new cars look alike!

1947 Buick Roadmaster

Kgreen, it was the Sombrero hubcaps that stood out screaming Cadillac to me.. Cadillac and Buick did share the same Fisher bodies trimmed out differently. Also notice there were two different trunk lids that Cadillac`s and Buick`s used, the Cad has the lower profiled one, and the Buick you show, has the more rounded one, which gave more trunk space.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brass is Best said:

1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible. With optional reversing lamp and spot lite! 

47cad13.jpg

BB, is that the larger trunk-lid on the yellow Cad?  Trunk handle looks to be larger and more verticle similar to the Buick. I like all of them. And the gas cap location? Upper portion of the left tail light flips up to reveal gas cap.

59dd578189c4525099df780e5af2397f.jpg

Edited by pont35cpe (see edit history)