I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

7 hours ago, MrEarl said:

can't blame this one on me...

@Bleach  can you restore the several pictures that have been replaced with the red x's or I can remove the posts if not

Sometimes problems like this occur when copying direct from a website and pasting onto this forum, rather than saving to your computer then posting from there.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2019 at 3:56 PM, kgreen said:

Sometimes problems like this occur when copying direct from a website and pasting onto this forum, rather than saving to your computer then posting from there.

Yes I either do that or I drag the photos over from other websites. I've tried the saving thing but it then takes so long for the photos to upload and be part of a post.

22 hours ago, ol' yeller said:

"See here, and here, and here?  This is why you shouldn't use a hammer to put the hubcap on."

LOL

Had a classmate do that to the auto shop teachers car one time! 

He spent a lot of time in the class room instead of the shop....

• Haha 1

On 2/27/2019 at 12:08 PM, ol' yeller said:

"See here, and here, and here?  This is why you shouldn't use a hammer to put the hubcap on."

“I’m just not sure how this hubcap goes back on, someone broke all the clips off. Say did you notice the other tires are white walls and this one isn’t?”

Can’t verify in this picture but at one time you could buy tires with white walls on both sides

59 minutes ago, kgreen said:

Can’t verify in this picture but at one time you could buy tires with white walls on both sides

Or...

Maybe they installed the tire with the white wall on the inside?

I remember seeing that as a kid and asked Dad about it. He said that some people just wanted the black wall out as it was less trouble to keep clean. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, neil morse said:

Does anyone know what's going on here?

That looks like the volunteer firefighter's rodeo competitions which I only know about second hand.

As far as I know these were events held on Long Island NY, and that particular Buick ( unless there were more of them made) wound up in the town 6 miles north of me for a while back in 2007.  Have not seen or heard about it since then so it could be anywhere by now.  The fellow who told me about the races was my good Friend and former supervisor who lived on Long Island growing up, and remembers going to watch the competitions.  There may have been more of these events nationwide, and this particular picture has nothing that says Long Island in it.  But the Buick is unmistakeable!

• Like 2