I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:50 AM, Elpad said:

I thought Aunt Jemima promoted Oldsmobiles besides the 🥞 panckes

318A1032-266D-4F8A-ABB4-B063CEE7B43E.jpeg

I heard she had to be paid to promote the Olds… The Buicks she promoted for free.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Elpad said:

DC18DF4C-3E9B-446B-AADE-7C9300B94299.jpeg

This 55 Special was a very early production example with the lack of lower body color behind the rear wheels and a shorter sweep spear that  does not go all the way to the tail light bezel.  Some nice upgrades like WWW tires, gas door trim and tail pipe trim.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2019 at 7:11 AM, old-tank said:

This 55 Special was a very early production example with the lack of lower body color behind the rear wheels and a shorter sweep spear that  does not go all the way to the tail light bezel.  Some nice upgrades like WWW tires, gas door trim and tail pipe trim.

It has an interesting look to it. Having the white only behind the front tires makes it look like it goes fast, just like the Corvette paint jobs of the same era. 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:32 PM, Elpad said:

6A8FC658-A4EC-4644-A74C-DFD2CCBB9A7A.jpeg

This photo is taken on the Melecon in old Havana, Cuba, in the background is a fort which was built in the 1700's to protect the city from pirates.  My wife and I were on the Malecon last week, below is a photo taken nearby which shows what happens to Cuban cars when they get to old to be driven as taxis.  Short of being parked on a golf course driving range I can not imagine what could have happened to it.  BTW the '50 was parked illegally, usual for Cuba, cops everywhere.

Regards, Gary

DSC_0298.JPG

2 hours ago, Mark Simmons said:

I'm with avgwarhawk the hood on the is taller on that ambulance. I'm wondering what the reason is for this . Was this a feature of just this particular body builder ? Or ? I'm just curious.

Maybe it is an aesthetic move since the builder probably raised the roof lines?

reminds me of a bull dolphin!

1A9CBC1D-49B8-4AA2-9EAF-224E76554582.jpeg

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)