I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

With the cobblestone street, if it’s in Canada, it would have to be down east.  There were never very many British cars out west anyway.  Unless Texaco perhaps existed in the Caribbean?  That could be another possibility.  Left hand drive cars....

Interesting old photo regardless.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:31 PM, 50jetback said:

Can't make it out - definitely a different servicar to the one on the previous page which reads Forrest? Cadillac.

By the number of British cars in this street scene I am guessing it may be in Canada. I see Austins, Vanguards, Vauxhall and even a dreaded Triumph Mayflower with a couple of continental makes as well - VW and maybe a Simca.

Sturart you are correct.

Picture of the intersection of Davenport + Dupont in Toronto Ontario.

At left corner is a Steakhouse restaurant.

Cal.

20110707sots.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/14/2018 at 2:31 AM, 50jetback said:

Can't make it out - definitely a different servicar to the one on the previous page which reads Forrest? Cadillac.

By the number of British cars in this street scene I am guessing it may be in Canada. I see Austins, Vanguards, Vauxhall and even a dreaded Triumph Mayflower with a couple of continental makes as well - VW and maybe a Simca.

British cars , Didn’t notice till you mentioned it should have as a Austin A40 Somerset , my first car , it was a 52 in black and was mine in 68 sadly at the end of its life.

39 minutes ago, BUICK RACER said:

Drove a 2019 Regal today and a 2019 Cascada and a 2019 Corvette Grand Sport, thanks GM, for inviting the retirees to play with new stuff!

20181015_091443.jpg

20181015_091507.jpg

20181015_102417.jpg

20181015_102420.jpg

20181015_105809.jpg

20181015_105810.jpg

20181015_123949.jpg

I bet the first thing the people at GM said was " Roberta , DON"T TAKE THE CARS  TO THE TRACK !!! 

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Pilgrim65 said:

And someone should deduct points for his bad choice of shoes .?

Remember when the grocery checkout asked "paper or plastic" and some chose paper to pack their clothes for a trip?  Minus 30 points for problematic rumpling.

Hey, those shoes are expensive when one buys them new...... Did you know most Pebble Beach participants are used car buyers? I wonder.

Bernie

• Haha 1

Quite sure this is a Buick.  I recognize the back of the seats being similar to a 1940 seat, but that is not a 1940 dash.  Is it a '39? If this young couple ducks down further I could see more of the dash to identify the car.  Anybody?

1604114184_BuickVert.jpg.cbca5e208315b3e0099d6f7e54181ae2.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Nope. Pontiac, I believe. Maybe 1940.

Ben

That's what it looks like when I search for the Pontiac, thanks Ben.  It looks like I can add Pontiac as a potential parts car for the Buick.