I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

Blown 1962 Skylark. I’m not sure a Nailhead would fit. Quite possibly started with a 215. 

Interesting how the CPR cars were numbered. M235 is a 1939 while M499 is a 1934 Buick at the Western Development Museum in Moose Jaw, SK. I wonder if they may have been numbered by region or some other coding method. Interesting. 

18 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Chris, thank you  for that awe inspiring photo of the elephants of Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey parading down Pulaski Highway in Baltimore in 1956. I have always loved and been intrigued by elephants and had mixed emotions when Ringling Brothers rolled up their tents for the last time last year. I remember riding in the back seat with my brother in my parents '48 Buick to go see them in Atlanta when I was no more than 4 maybe 5 years old. I always made sure my kids got to ride them whenever a small circus came to our town. 

Notice all the mamas and their multiple years of offspring.

The pressure  of PETA I believe to be a mitigating factor.   When my wife and I attended with our children here in Baltimore PETA was always at the front doors.   I recall the circus from my childhood and wanted to share the experience with my kids.   

Three photos of the same car, a 1934 Series 40 with a sedan body by Holdens Australia. The car was sold new in Sydney, Australia, and was brought to New Zealand by its then owners in 1946, where my grandfather bought it. It was in use, as regular transport up to 1958 when he bought a 1956 (Australian) DeSoto Diplomat, and then as a spare car up to the late 1960s. Life has got in the way, as it does, and the Buick is still sitting in the shed waiting for maybe the next generation to restore.

The first photo was taken in 1950. The woman on the right is my late grandmother - born 1890 - and the occasion was her father's funeral.

The second was taken in 1958 while on a trip to the southern part of the South Island of New Zealand. I am the older of the two little boys.

The third was taken in Picton. at the northern tip of the South Island, in either 1959 or 1960, at the Bellbird Motel,  which is still there (photo from the motel's current website). That is my mother in the photo, who is still well and healthy and will be 89 in December.

The Australian cars have different bumpers to the US ones, along with quite different styling. Leather interior as standard, and side mounted spares. This one had been damaged. I was told,  in a rollover early in its life and had lost its original tail lights.

old pics 4 (1024x663).jpg

old pics 5 - Copy.JPG

old pics 5 (1024x689).jpg

700_840328.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/17/2018 at 10:22 PM, Elpad said:

51408D6F-1FD0-4C68-B495-1F574341B72F.jpeg

Daytona or Ormond Beach for sure, late 1950s? High tide. Look how close the saltwater is to the "roadway." That Buick in the front could be my Grandfathers if it's a '52. Can we tell if a Super or Special? Also my memory was blue with the dark blue roof (it was a Super). Betcha the floorpans in that MGA didn't last long after the salt bath...

Cheers, Dave

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daves1940Buick56S said:

Lose the guy, keep the girl! WOW!!!

Agreed! He spoiled the shot

first time I see a stop ? sign with the rectangular white band. Maybe never pay attention to them