I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

My 54 was chosen for the Miami International Auto Show this year  by our local AACA chapter to be held at the Miami Beach Convention Hall and to be Shown at a section call “Memory Lane”.

Sure Buick will be there and will see what concepts if any, they would bring. My camera ? will be ready.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pilgrim65 said:

What’s the attraction of so many corned beef establishments , is it a specialty of the area , wouldn’t mind visiting stones and deli next door , make a good corned beef in fresh sourdough um!

It's the 1100 block of Lombard St, Baltimore, MD. Lots of delicatessens there. Mostly burned out in the riots of 1968, although Attman's and Weiss are still operating.

Edited by Daves1940Buick56S (see edit history)
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

34215717_10211378033996322_7957911625904

Chris, thank you  for that awe inspiring photo of the elephants of Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey parading down Pulaski Highway in Baltimore in 1956. I have always loved and been intrigued by elephants and had mixed emotions when Ringling Brothers rolled up their tents for the last time last year. I remember riding in the back seat with my brother in my parents '48 Buick to go see them in Atlanta when I was no more than 4 maybe 5 years old. I always made sure my kids got to ride them whenever a small circus came to our town. 

Notice all the mamas and their multiple years of offspring.

Here is another shot of some of the same elephants moving along Second Avenue in NY in 1945. See the Buick peeking around the corner

fe8125ea92903716dca5b71230affd37.jpg

Then again near Times Square in 1948. Bound to be a B in there somewhere

tumblr_oju1ecHSWg1sirxiro3_1280.jpg

And once more in 1955 moving down Second Avenue.  And a B

MAC17_ELEPHANT_POST01.jpg

This was the same year Marilyn rode the pink elephant in Madison Square Garden.... and I am sure she rode it well.

IAfRgk5uvfCUIRwywvfadONrwY-rpvV8VJuqyuLKzF4.jpg

• Like 5