I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

9 hours ago, neil morse said:

Elpad, these are all fantastic!  Keep them coming.

Are you going to post an answer to your question about how many Buicks appeared in the photo of the parking garage a while back?

Have no idea! Just put it out there to see if someone took the time and really looked at this. Some one said 8 & 11 so i know at least is entertaining. Also want to say that some of these pictures come from the web particularly from FB Buick groups. There are few groups out there. Surprising to see that many Buicks all over the World especially from Down Under.

This photo appears in "Raise your hand- drove Buick today" section but I love how my son photo shopped it to make it look 93 years old. Taken at Fanshawe Pioneer Village in London,Ontario August 11, 2018.

1925 Buick sepia niose.jpg

009.JPG

• Like 6

1 hour ago, retirednow said:

Picture #2 is Lefferts Blvd. in Queens NY. My old stomping grounds. Except for the cars and streetlight, it still looks pretty much the same today.

Hardly see the Buick but it is there, glad the photo brought you memories, this is what is all about. I google the name of the movie and it was a Swedish film that came out in 1953. Here is the link.

http://m.filmaffinity.com/en/movie.php?id=156935

• Thanks 1

The second title on the movie marque is for a British film, Genevieve.  Set during the 1953 London to Brighton run, it is a must see for early car enthusiasts.  Hilarious lines such as "Ambrose only cares about that silly old car and the other thing."  Wendy asks " What is the other thing?  Oh....Alan only cares about the car"  Car racing, romantic comedy and the olde English countryside spells a hit for petrol heads.  I know a fellow who named his kids for the main characters of Genevieve, Alan and Wendy.

Regards, Gary

• Like 2

On 8/13/2018 at 7:04 PM, Elpad said:

Like the Willy’s 2

E124164A-5346-4B71-A075-311E61055510.jpeg

I'm thinking the Willys' are  early Jeepneys, probably in Manilla in the Phillipines

Here is another such picture from Manila with another Jeppney and another Buick, this time an Opel.

Screenshot_2018-08-14 Metropolitan Theater from south approach to the Santa Cruz Bridge, Manila, Philippines, 1950s (2).png

• Like 2

I still have a street sign from Lefferts Ave in Brooklyn -cousins lived on Empire Blvd and we were on East  New York Ave between Albany & Utica- Mom’s family was from Middle Village section of Queens- most moved to Florida , then North Carolina - 

Edited by Marty Roth
Auto-correction (see edit history)
  • Like 1