Wildcat Garage in Cincinnati -2012

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel said:

The latest addition!   I can see the quality of parts on this vs the Wildcats. The armrest is all metal!

IMG_1299.jpeg

IMG_1353.jpeg

As a coupe, that is an awesome car! 

21 hours ago, Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel said:

The latest addition!   I can see the quality of parts on this vs the Wildcats. The armrest is all metal!

IMG_1299.jpeg

IMG_1353.jpeg

Wow...I would have guessed the armrest and switch bases are plastic. Add power vents to the door panel and that is a thing of beauty!

Tom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2 New 600,000 bushel bins for the Whitewater Mill LLC.  Rain is making our wheat crop pretty soggy but the May frost did not hurt too much.

Buicks do not like the rain either.   68 Wildcat project stalled - the engine I thought was in working condition got some water in one cyl.

Now deciding whether to build a 455 or do the 430.  Good problems!

IMG_1562.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

This 68 LeSabre Custom Convertible was on Facebook market.  The car seemed so clean and worthy i had to bring it to the Taj-Ma-Garage.  

I've a soft spot for 68's as I had a 68 Skylark convert as my first car and inhereted a 68 LeSabre 4-door hardtop from my grandma- 

many a "animal House " moment at OSU with that thing!  Carried my bass gear in style!  

This one is code V Charcoal Metallic with 427 Red interior.  According to the Trim Book, not a compatible color combo, so this must have been ordered special.

Came with a pile of receipts from previous owner- bought used in 1972.    

IMG_1700.jpeg

• Like 6

On 6/10/2020 at 8:40 AM, Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel said:

This one is code V Charcoal Metallic with 427 Red interior.  According to the Trim Book, not a compatible color combo, so this must have been ordered special.

Unusual color combo, but I like it!  ;)

• Like 1

Emtee- this came from NY state.. Dansville.  Owned by a mail carrier and old camera buff.

nice pile of old records in the trunk- old registrations including a “1967 Bavaria “ which I think was the trailer.

Searching online has not helped yet, but I’ve got to find out what the heck that is.

7486FDB4-6C2E-4147-823D-BBBF2DFC8404.jpeg

Edited by Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel said:

Emtee- this came from NY state.

Thankfully, it appears to have lived a sheltered life (little or no winter use).  Such treatment would be consistent with the type of person who would save all of those service records.  What does it have under the hood?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel said:

Later I test drove the 68.

IMG_2016.jpeg

The white walls and wire wheel covers look much better than black walls and regular caps. I took drivers training driving '68 buicks. Back then the Flint police cars were Buick Lesabre's.

Kevin

• Like 1

All is well in Cincinnati- at least in the Wildcat Garage... cleaned up the mess I made from the LeSabre engine swap, moved some stuff around so I could get at the boat.  Now planning to re wire the lights on the boat trailer, fix the water intake on boat, get the better half out on the lake this week.  The Electra is off to be painted so I will polish all the chrome bits so they are ready for when the car comes back.  Thinking about finishing the engine project on Felix the black Wildcat.  

BC559B71-07FA-4ED4-BF22-06D668E9CE68.jpeg

71055B22-812B-4049-ACC7-A0B126E60C2E.jpeg

858E6192-0102-424D-97A8-0A928D1C5E87.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...