1970 Buick Elektra vacuum line diagram

Guest PAULEDWARD111

Guest PAULEDWARD111

Can anyone help me?

I need a picture of the vacuum line diagram for a 1970 Elektra 225. Does such a thing still exist?

Thanks,

Pauledward:confused:

Which vacuum line picture are you seeking?

In the www.wildaboutcarsonline.com website, after your free registration, you can travel to "Brand Central" and then to "service publications". I believe they might have a Buick parts book for 1975 and prior models. There should be some illustrations of the particular vacuum line, in various related illustrations, you might desire. Not in a schematic, as a wiring diagram, but drawn illustrations. What's in there might not be specifically for a '70 Electra, but it should be similar in nature, enough you might figure out what you need. LOTS of stuff in that website!

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

Guest PAULEDWARD111

Thanks for the quick reply.

I went to that website. It is great. But I need additional information regarding the routing of a 4 port vacuum block mounted on the driver's lower side of the firewall.

In the 1970 Buick manual group 12-20, figure 12-23 shows the vadcuum hose and control cable installation. Unfortunately, it is not very clear. Can you help with an explanation of the routing of the vac hoses?

Another problem is that evidently ter valve is vacuum controlled. What is the vac line connected to from the valve?

Thanks, NTX5467

Check out the next area down, the "13" group for a/c and heater items. Look for "Series 48000" in the illustrations of the vacuum lines and related control items. Series 45000 and 46000 models are LeSabre and Wildcat. 48000 is Electra. 49000 is Riviera. 44000 and 45000are Skylarks. Many detailed illustrations in this group.

In further looking around, I didn't recall any vacuum lines (generally) on that side of the motor, other than cruise control and/or power brake booster lines. In looking around further in the www.wildaboutcarsonline.com service manual area (for 1970 Buicks), I found the "Cruise Master" page of underhood components and such. "Group 65" is devoted to this item, only) with illustration "65-2" showing a "vacuum manifold" in that illustration. Although some of these illustrations of vacuum lines might not seem to be very detailed, they really are . . . but you have to carefully trace which vacuum lines go where and follow them (as you would if it were a picture, which is how these illustrations are drawn) item by item, sometimes. "Source" would be a manifold vacuum source, either from the carburetor area or a dedicated fitting on an intake manifold runner. Chevrolets of that era used a "vacuum tree" which screwed into a rear intake manifold runner itself, for "pure manifold vacuum". From that "tree", the lines to anything which needed manifold vacuum (other than the power brake booster, which usually had its own dedicated vacuum fitting on the rear base of the carburetor) would spread. Usually, there were different sizes of vacuum line depending upon which item it went to. I don't recall how the Buick situation, specifically, was configured, but I don't recall the "trees" as such on those vehicles. As you can see, though, in the many vacuum lines, many were "teed" off of other lines in the particular harness--a different way of doing things.

Also, when the download of the pages on that website complete, if you move your computer cursor toward the lower center of the screen, it can cause a pop-up menu to happen, related to the .pdf nature of the downloaded item. I usually click on the " - " (toward the right of this toolbar) to decrease the displayed page size a little, so it better fits my laptop's "wide-screen" display. Makes it a little easier to manage, for me, too. Once the cursor is moved from that general area, the pop-up menu disappears until the cursor gets into that area again.

Hope this might help,

NTX5467

• 3 weeks later...