• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kcorell

kcorell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

Photo was most likely taken in 1938. My father (95) can no longer remember the car. I found a receipt for a "Ford convertible coupe, as is" dated 1938 -- he was a poor kid who worked for the auto body shop that sold it to him. To have bought his own used car at age 21 in the Depression was a proud moment for him -- he saved the receipt! However -- this may or may not be the same car.

I haven't found any vintage Ford photos to match. Key points are the radiator and the area where the windshield joins the car body. Can anyone recognize the car?? It would be so nice to prompt his memory before he dies. Thank you for your help.

Attached Thumbnails

• Leon_with_car.png

#2 keiser31

keiser31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 20,656 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, OREGON

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

1932 Plymouth model PB roadster. Your photo is of a beautiful car with rare wheels.

Attached Thumbnails

• dsc_0321.jpg

Edited by keiser31, 29 October 2012 - 04:47 PM.

1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 business coupe w/ wire wheels
1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 business coupe w/ wood wheels (my 1st car and still have it)
and visions of my past old cars....

#3 Manuel

Manuel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

That 32 Plym has a lot of extras/accessories added on to it. Wheels, wind wings, mascot, trunk etc etc. Must have been some car in its day.

Manuel in Oz

#4 28 Chrysler

28 Chrysler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

The front tire is smooth, he must have been trying to get every last mile out of them.

#5 kcorell

kcorell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Thanks, guys. The '32 Plymouth certainly looks like a match. This will be a good source of reminiscing for an old guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users