• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rluke

rluke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

Hi. I thought I would put a couple of photos up of my project. I bought this about a month ago when I was over in Colorado. I went for a drive one day and I stopped at Monte Vista on my way back from looking at another 59 wagon.I asked if there were any junk yards or old cars for sale anywhere. I was told there was a huge junk yard 15 miles in the opposite direction I was going so I hesitated but thought I better have a look, you never know. I drove down this road for ever and eventually came across a small amount of cars up beside a couple of houses, I was dissapointed but thought I better drive up there since I came all that way. Low and behold this was sitting up against the back fence. It wasnt for sale but I made an offer and got it. As it turns out I was in the wrong place and the big junk yard was a mile further down the road. The car is now at Frank Lyles Buick Ranch in Colorado Springs getting a few things done to it before it comes to Australia. I need to get a back seat and replace some glass. I would like to put wider wheels and tyres on it to get that low/wide look. Any suggestions would be appreciated on what to do to it and where I can get wagon parts. Thanks for reading, Robusa 339.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• usa 673.jpg
  • usa 423.jpg

#2 JohnD1956

JohnD1956

Buick Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,743 posts
  • LocationSchenectady, NY

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

No fair...post big pictures... That is such a sweet car. Did you see the pictures of the red 59 Wagon from last year's National Meet in Danvers?

Posted Image

Edited by JohnD1956, 24 October 2012 - 01:01 AM.

#3 Rob McDonald

Rob McDonald

Sr (grey-haired) Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

Terrific looking car - I love that name . . . I N V I C T A . . .

Great story on your accidental purchase, too.
Rob McDonald
1957 Buick Roadmaster model 73A, owned since February 1973

#4 RivNut

RivNut

Riviera addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,548 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

The '59 guys have a website of their own. Buick-59.com | Home of the Delta Wings

Click on the grill of the '59 in the lower left corner to enter the site.
Ed Raner
ROA #279 - Charter member
Vice President - ROA Board of Trustees
www.rivowners.org

1963 Riviera - Original - Black w/ white custom leather
1964 Riviera - Claret Mist w/ white custom vinyl - "Tastefully Tweaked"
1990 Riviera - Arctic white w/ taupe leather - SE with the Gold Package
1993 Riviera - Shapphire Blue w/ white leather - SE - For Sale

Gone but not forgotten - (3) '63, (2) '64, (2) '66, '67, (2) '83XX, '84, '84 conv. '85, '95, (2) 63 parts cars

#5 rluke

rluke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

I can only hope that my car can look that good. As long as I can drive it and enjoy it I will be happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users