Autumn Buicks

JohnD1956

Lamar, Everytime I see your Buick Farm Barn, I just can't help but think; you are D'man! What a plcae you have there. Too bad we can't have a National Meet in Athens GA so we can all help you throw the Buick BBQ of the Century!

Meanwhile I'll just print out this one because that Roadmaster is so stately!

rb_002821tonalCFallatTuscanys.jpg

• Like 1

Heck, it don't take no "National" to have a Buick Barbecue at Buick Gardens. Just say when. Or maybe it could be a stop during one of the After Tours. Only problem is, couldn't be much "drivin" after the barbecue, not with what I put in the barbecue sauce.

Again, what a great thread. Look how many "likes" it's gotten, more than Girls on Buicks.

Guest shadetree77
Heck, it don't take no "National" to have a Buick Barbecue at Buick Gardens. Just say when....

Count me in! Sounds like a helluva' time! We'll call it the "Great Southern Buick BBQ and Get Together". I can see it now. 30 or 40+ beautiful Buicks lined up outside Buick Barn. Big ol' bonfire with a whole roasted pig, tater salad, and fresh corn on the cob with plenty of frosty cold beverages of course. Some of that old time rock 'n roll playing in the background way into the night. When's this shindig happenin' Lamar? Let's get a donation pool going.:cool:

Really nice photos and a grand idea. Perhaps any autumn Buick related photos should start appearing here? BTW: Perhaps 60FlatTop could school us on just how to post photos here so they come out as nice as his 64 Riv does here? When I post, just get the small ones you have to blow up to see. As everyone one knows, I am not a very technical guy.

Looking at the Green Roadmaster reminds me of the one Dad sold to a Circus owner.

It was that GREEN lower body, FIRE TRUCK RED top, and DARK BLUE interior. The factory called to confirm colors, and when it arrived at Dad's dealership and the owner came to pick up, he said, "SMITTY, ISN'T IT BEAUTIFUL?" It was to be the PARADE car.

Dale in Indy

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 68 Buick 3369
I stopped at a local church for a photo op today. Thought some may enjoy a New England fall:

I hope no one minds my doing this, but when I saw these pics all I could think of was a tv commercial for the '56 Buicks. Here's my rendition: (intro music)"Introducing the all new car line up of the 1956 Buicks: First for the economy minded buyer is the 1956 Special available in a four door Tourback sedan, four door Riviera sedan a two door Tourback sedan, a two door Riviera and an Estate wagon. For those buyers who like to feel the wind in their hair and the sun on their face we have the Special convertible. All come with Buick's smooth and powerful, overhead valve V8 engine. Next in the line up is the 1956 Buick Super, also available in the four door sedan, the four door Riviera sedan, the two door Riviera and the two door convertible. Over here we have the 1956 Buick Century which is available in the four door sedan, four door Riviera sedan, four door Deluxe Riviera sedan and the four door Estate wagon.

In the two door models we have the two door convertible and the two door Riviera coupe. For the more prestigious buyer we have the 1956 Roadmaster available in the four door sedan, four door Riviera sedan, the two door convertible and the two door Riviera. All are available with various trim and color combinations to suit all of our customers' needs.

So, whether your driving into town for groceries, taking your girl out on a date or just going to church on Sunday, you can't go wrong with the all new 1956 Buicks. Kids drag your mom and pop down to your local Buick dealership today and test drive the all new 1956 Buicks that are available now. And remember folks the Best Buys Buick and only a tickle triggers it's takeoff." (end commercial)

I don't know much about the '56 Buick's intimate details so I had to leave alot of it out or I could've done much better. Hope you like(d) it. :D

Edited by 68 Buick 3369 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
Guest shadetree77

So I realize it's not Autumn anymore but I just randomly came across this article online and couldn't resist bringing it to this thread. If you go to the article and click the pictures they will get MUCH bigger and you can save them. It's a good little article and these are extremely good wallpapers for a PC. Click the link below to go to the article. Here are my two favorite pictures from the article. Enjoy!

A Stunning 1952 Buick In The Fall

post-75106-143139291219_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143139291233_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest ole buick

We don't have much color yet in TN but I did take a few pictures today. The old girl a little too old for this thread but she doesn't know how old she is

.post-96300-143142211664_thumb.jpg

post-56463-143142212648_thumb.jpgSince everyone is putting up photos of their favorite Buick or Buicks in a Fall setting, I thought it would be nice to show off the Model 48 in a photo that was taken a few years ago in one of the most

beautiful old residential settings in our town. This was taken the day before Halloween and it was cool to say the least. We even had the floorboard mounted exhaust heater in operation and it worked just great. There is just

something about an old Buick on a beautiful late Fall afternoon. It just doesn't get any better than that.

Terry Wiegand

Doo Dah America

• Like 2

From Remembrance Day, 2009. This is one of my favourite photos and serves as a background on one of the computers.

post-32068-143142222565_thumb.jpg

Of course, around here, we get a fair amount of wind, so once the leaves are ready to fall, they get blown off, so getting a nicer colour shot is more challenging.

Just thought that I'd add this photo of my '38 that I took last fall, just as I was putting it away for the soon to arrive Michigan winter. Love Michigan in the fall, but hate to see what follows.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]217269[/ATTACH]

Dave, I wish you didn't hide this all summer, such a great ride, thanks for sharing the very cool picture!!