Photo
- - - - -

Did you find the 2012 printable list and where to go/where to eat list helpful this year?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Shop Rat

Shop Rat

Senior Member-1951 Model

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

I have deleted them so as not to cause confusion in 2013 but have kept copies of both to re-do for then.

My question is, of those that used them did you find them helpful? And any suggestions to make the lists more user friendly for 2013? :)
Susan W. Linden

AACA National - C.T.C.
Secret Santa Foundation, Inc. - Volunteer
Stepping Stones Canine Fosters
Planning Committee - Charleston Distance Run Pasta Dinner
Telecom/Telephone Pioneers
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Don't tempt fate. That call or text can wait. Make your vehicle a No Phone Zone today." - Oprah Winfrey

#2 jackofalltrades70

jackofalltrades70

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

Yes,
I managed to eat at the firehouse (spaghetti dinner) was very good and reasonable. I wouldn't have known about it if the list hadn't been printed. Many of the other places I have frequented before on trips/vacations to Hershey to visit the park. Matt
Matt Whitaker
BCA#45694
AACA#996555
1947 Buick 56C (used for parts on the Roadmasters) but still have her carcass
1947 Buick 56C (waiting to go pick her up. Complete parts car)
1947 Buick 76C
1948 Buick 76C
1956 Buick Super 4 door
1977 Corvette

"Handle every stressful situation like a dog, If you cant eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away!":D

#3 Shop Rat

Shop Rat

Senior Member-1951 Model

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

Thanks for the feedback Matt.
Susan W. Linden

AACA National - C.T.C.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Don't tempt fate. That call or text can wait. Make your vehicle a No Phone Zone today." - Oprah Winfrey

#4 MCHinson

MCHinson

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7,172 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

I used it a few times for reference. I should have used it more, but it seems that I spent too much time in my vendor space and did not get out this year as much as I would have liked to.
Matthew C. Hinson
1937 Buick Century, 1984 Buick Riviera, 1989 Buick Park Avenue
AACA Life Member, MAFCA, BCA

#5 Shop Rat

Shop Rat

Senior Member-1951 Model

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

Hey, one of y'all has to be there to sell stuff, right???? :rolleyes: Sure was glad to run into you a couple of times. Thanks for ratting out Marty so that I could see him also. :D
Susan W. Linden

AACA National - C.T.C.

#6 Kvinokor

Kvinokor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

The "Where to Eat" list was very helpful so thank you for that. I will also keep it handy for when I swing by the AACA museum in the upcoming months. Being that it was my first Hershey I didn't really get the whole field/vendor spot label system down until towards the end of my second day(which was Saturday). But I'm sure people who had been to Hershey before appreciated it greatly.

#7 Shop Rat

Shop Rat

Senior Member-1951 Model

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

The "Where to Eat" list was very helpful so thank you for that. I will also keep it handy for when I swing by the AACA museum in the upcoming months. Being that it was my first Hershey I didn't really get the whole field/vendor spot label system down until towards the end of my second day(which was Saturday). But I'm sure people who had been to Hershey before appreciated it greatly.

Glad to hear that the list of where to eat was helpful. Once you have been to Hershey then the fields make more sense as to where to find folks.
Susan W. Linden

AACA National - C.T.C.

#8 brich2929

brich2929

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

I took it with me and tried a place or 3 on my travels. Keep it up for the future!!

#9 Shop Rat

Shop Rat

Senior Member-1951 Model

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

I took it with me and tried a place or 3 on my travels. Keep it up for the future!!

Thanks for using it. I do plan to do the lists for 2013 but do wonder if folks use them and find them helpful.
Susan W. Linden

AACA National - C.T.C.

#10 charlier

charlier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

Susan, First of all, Thank You for putting the list together again this year and Yes, it was helpful.

I saved a copy of the list and put it on my smartphone. I also put a few of the people from the list in my notes app on my phone.

Sadly, when I walked the fields and Wednesday, Thursday and Friday my timing was not the best because I missed seeing a number of people in their spots.
Charlie

#11 Shop Rat

Shop Rat

Senior Member-1951 Model

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

Thanks for letting me know Charlie. I was only out on the fields one day, Thursday. Bill didn't feel well on Wednesday and I got a blister (wrong socks with my Crocs sandals) and so I didn't go on Thursday. Bill and Rodger, our friend and fellow judge that stays with us, went to the fields. Bill and Rodger went again on Friday and I stayed in the camper to stay off of my foot. It was so windy that they came back early when the vendors were advised of possible high winds. I was able to run into a few friends but not everyone I had hoped to like you. Hopefully at another Meet next year. :)
Susan W. Linden

AACA National - C.T.C.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users