• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 aestorrs

aestorrs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

Are they in need of additional judges for the Hershey Show?

Al Storrs

#2 Shop Rat

Shop Rat

Senior Member-1951 Model

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

Steve posted a few day ago that they need more judges for Hershey.
Susan W. Linden

AACA National - C.T.C.
Secret Santa Foundation, Inc. - Volunteer
Stepping Stones Canine Fosters
Planning Committee - Charleston Distance Run Pasta Dinner
Telecom/Telephone Pioneers
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Don't tempt fate. That call or text can wait. Make your vehicle a No Phone Zone today." - Oprah Winfrey

#3 Restorer32

Restorer32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,909 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

Always need more judges for Hershey.
1932 Packard 900 Conv Cpe
1955 Jaguar XK-140 Drophead
1948 Buick Woody
1931 Model A Tudor
:o All unrestored, shoemaker's kids, you know?

Senior Master Judge 87 Credits

#4 jackofalltrades70

jackofalltrades70

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

I have never judged, but I would be interested....................what do I need to do? There is a meeting before, just need the details and maybe I'll try this year. Would definately add more excitement to the week. Matt
Matt Whitaker
BCA#45694
AACA#996555
1947 Buick 56C (used for parts on the Roadmasters) but still have her carcass
1947 Buick 56C (waiting to go pick her up. Complete parts car)
1947 Buick 76C
1948 Buick 76C
1956 Buick Super 4 door
1977 Corvette

"Handle every stressful situation like a dog, If you cant eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away!":D

#5 Shop Rat

Shop Rat

Senior Member-1951 Model

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

I have never judged, but I would be interested....................what do I need to do? There is a meeting before, just need the details and maybe I'll try this year. Would definately add more excitement to the week. Matt

If you have never judged you would not be able to at Hershey this time. You must first go through a judging school and then be on an apprentice judging team before you can be assigned as a field judge. You could go to the judging school and be on the apprentice team at Herhsey. That would clear the way for you to attend your next judging school (we must all attend a judging school within the calendar year of when we plan to judge) sometime in 2013. Then you could be assigned as a field judge at that meet and others during the 2013 show season.

Edited by Shop Rat, 22 September 2012 - 04:45 AM.

Susan W. Linden

AACA National - C.T.C.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Don't tempt fate. That call or text can wait. Make your vehicle a No Phone Zone today." - Oprah Winfrey

#6 jackofalltrades70

jackofalltrades70

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

Susan,
Thanks for that info. I might just attend the school this year. Matt
Matt Whitaker
BCA#45694
AACA#996555
1947 Buick 56C (used for parts on the Roadmasters) but still have her carcass
1947 Buick 56C (waiting to go pick her up. Complete parts car)
1947 Buick 76C
1948 Buick 76C
1956 Buick Super 4 door
1977 Corvette

"Handle every stressful situation like a dog, If you cant eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away!":D

#7 Shop Rat

Shop Rat

Senior Member-1951 Model

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

Matt, Here is the link to the Judge's Guidelines for you to read before you go if you would like to. I think that if you do you will have a better idea of how the rules are written and you can make notes of any questions you might like to ask, there or even on the Judging Forum before you attend the school.

http://www.aaca.org/..._Guidelines.pdf

You will get an actual copy of the 2012 Judges Guidelines when you go to the school. There will be a few changes/additions for 2013 most likely.

Be sure and fill out the card that they give you and turn it in. That is how you get credit for the yearly judges school, CJEs and judging that you do so that you will get your awards and pins that go with those awards. You will also receive a "chip" to go on an award plaque. Be sure and get those also.

Judging is another side to this wonderful hobby. And the AACA is always looking for new folks to join the ranks. Come join us. :)
Susan W. Linden

AACA National - C.T.C.

#8 sambarn

sambarn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

Susan, I have tried to register to judge all week but when I enter my number/pin, I get a blank screen. I'll be there and am still current but what am I doing wrong to register?

#9 Shop Rat

Shop Rat

Senior Member-1951 Model

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Susan, I have tried to register to judge all week but when I enter my number/pin, I get a blank screen. I'll be there and am still current but what am I doing wrong to register?

Sam, sorry but we have never registered on-line. We always send the slip in with a check for the breakfast. Have you tried calling the Chief Judge to let them know you want to judge?
Susan W. Linden

AACA National - C.T.C.

#10 Shop Rat

Shop Rat

Senior Member-1951 Model

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

Susan,
Thanks for that info. I might just attend the school this year. Matt

Matt, here is the information on when and where the judges school and the CJE courses that will be offered following the school will be.

Judges School ** NEW TIME **
Thursday, October 11, 2012 ~ 10 am - noon
Judging School is now located in the Giant Center -
followed by CJE (Continuing Judges Education).

Susan W. Linden

AACA National - C.T.C.

#11 MCHinson

MCHinson

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7,172 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

Sam,

Call HQ. My guess is it is too late to register online. Perhaps the online judges registration runs concurrent with the vehicle registration which is closed now? I registered for Hershey online some time back. I just tried the online registration to see what it is doing now and I get an error message on the Judges Registration page now.
Matthew C. Hinson
1937 Buick Century, 1984 Buick Riviera, 1989 Buick Park Avenue
AACA Life Member, MAFCA, BCA

#12 raftel

raftel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

On a similar vein, I registered weeks ago, paid for the judge's breakfast, and haven't received confirmation or parking passes. Who can I see on the field before Saturday morning to clear this up and be ready to go? Thanks, Robert

#13 aestorrs

aestorrs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

Go to the judging school on thursday you might be able to p/u a judging pass there with the chief judge. Or contact the Chief Judge.

Al Storrs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users