1928 standard six clutch

migsmopar

Anyone out there no how to adjust the clutch on 208 cid standard six, that is in my Graham Dodge SE panel. thanks, Mike

Is the engine either a victory 6 or a DA-6? The victory has the generator on the passenger side. This may make a difference.

As for the color I have seen engines at DB car shows and they were gray. These are victory engines. See attached photos.

post-71470-143139174562_thumb.jpg

Could you attach some photos of your truck?

post-71470-143139174558_thumb.jpg

Hi there ,thank you for the info, Ive" not any photo's in my computer, when I do, will send some to you. I have 28 merchant Express SE panel with 208 cid engine it look's like the photo you sent, do you know how to set the clutch adjustment? thank's Mike

What is the condition of your clutch?

I haven't had to adjust mine. The only adjustment on my 29 Dodge Bros trans is made with 2 set screws on the clutch arm base. These set screws will either load or unload the clutch. You may want to post this question on the Dodge Auto Forum. I believe the transmission are similiar.

I am making a history summary of the Dodge-Graham Bros trucks. Mine is a 29 Dodge Bros "E" Series with a DA-6. I am curious as to what is your frame and engine numbers.

My frame # is S 115xxx and my engine # is H 75-xxx.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an instruction manual for a 1929 and 1930 U series 3/4 and 1 Ton Truck respectively. According to the instructions, the pedal stop screw is used for pedal clutch adjustment. The set screws on the shaft have no connection with free movement of the clutch pedal and are only provided for adjustment of the pedal clearance at the toe board. Not sure if this applies for your particular situation, but both my Trucks are D2XXXXX serial numbers.

• 3 years later...
On September 17, 2012 at 7:29 AM, stakeside said:

Is the engine either a victory 6 or a DA-6? The victory has the generator on the passenger side. This may make a difference.

As for the color I have seen engines at DB car shows and they were gray. These are victory engines. See attached photos.

Victory.jpg

Could you attach some photos of your truck?

29 victory 6.jpg

Sorry it took so long, posted under migsmopar