Sign in to follow this  
37Packard

'37 Packard from Boston to Louisville....

I'm in the process of purchasing a '37 Packard 120 Touring Coupe from a private party in the Boston, Mass. area which I need transported to the Louisville, KY area. The car is in good running condition with a 40 year old paintjob so an open trailer would be fine. If anyone has an empty trailer and is headed that way please let me know. I would consider driving it from Indianapolis, Cincinnati or any other nearby city if that was as far as you could bring it. Please email or PM me if you have any suggestions. Thank you.

Edited by 37Packard (see edit history)

I just read the rules for posting in this forum so here's the rest of the info. It's personal (not business), leaving anytime after August 17th (maybe sooner), and I would be willing to pay up to $1.50 per loaded mile plus tolls. If you PM or email me I'll give you my name, address and phone number. Thanks....

RKZ can't do it until after Labor Day. It looks like I'm going to use Thomas Sunday. They gave me a very good rate in an enclosed trailer and can hopefully pick it up next week....

RKZ can't do it until after Labor Day. It looks like I'm going to use Thomas Sunday. They gave me a very good rate in an enclosed trailer and can hopefully pick it up next week....

Tom Sunday is a good choice. He is a good friend of mine. When I have a customer I,m not able to help I give them Tom Sunday,s number. When they ask

if I know anyone else that can do the job. Have fun with your new/antique car. RKZ

The Packard was picked up today and should be here tomorrow evening. It's on a 35' open trailer behind a Toyota Corolla and I'm the first stop. I used Peg Trucking instead of Sunday because most of the Sunday people seem to still be out in Pebble Beach. Here's some pics of it....

post-87438-143139140928_thumb.jpg

post-87438-143139140937_thumb.jpg

post-87438-143139140943_thumb.jpg

post-87438-143139140949_thumb.jpg

It was picked up around 6 PM on the 21st and it arrived here at 12:45 AM on the 23rd so it traveled 975 miles in less than 31 hours. I used Peg Trucking out of Michigan and was very happy with their service. Peg brokered it out for $800-$200 to them and $600 to the driver ($650 with tip). The driver was from rural southern Kentucky and had a 2006 Chevy 3500 with 395K miles on it. He had a 35' trailer with another car on the front and made very good time in my opinion. I appreciate the offer-thanks anyway....

post-87438-143139150611_thumb.jpg