1969 Olds 442 W30 Engine and trans rebuild!!!

kid442

1969 W30 Engine and trans rebuild!

Time to refresh the engine and trans. Car was raced in the early 1980's. It all needs to be refreshed. I have Mr."stickw31" working on it. Power washed the engine bay and front suspension. Cleaned up the inner fender wells. Trans is being rebuilt and the engine should be done by May 1. Just a few photos. Take a look.

Thanks,

Ken

69w30.jpg

69w30-2.jpg

69w30-3.jpg

69w30-4.jpg

69w30-5.jpg

69w30-6.jpg

This car is a 71K original paint never been touched. Just a engine and trans rebuild. I was told all 69W30 cars had the front fenders marked at the factory with W30 on the inside. See the photos below. You can just make out the "W" and some of the "30". Very cool find!

Ken

w30lhfender.jpg

w30rhfender.jpg

Just a quick update on progress. Cleaning, bead blasting, and painting what a pain in the a**. Engine is on the stand and complete. Trans is complete. Engine bay painted. Front suspension installed. Next brakes and steering box, center link, and the rest. Engine should go in next week.

A lot of work but this car deserved it.

Ken

69w30enginebefore.jpg

Engine before!

w30-400engine.jpg

Engine after

69enginebayafter.jpg

Engine bay after a lot of work!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Made a lot of progress this weekend. Installed the steering box, center link, and idler arm. Also installed master cylinder and s/steel brake lines.

Assembled the rebuilt trans to the engine. Slipped the assembly into the 69 W30. All motor and trans mounts. A few more weeks and it should be back on the road better and faster!

DSC01338.jpg

Ready for installation!

DSC01342.jpg

1/2 in not far to go now!

DSC01343.jpg

In place now to hook everything else up!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is two weekends worth of time. Both my son and I both days, both weekends. This is a lot of work! Alternator, power steering and all the brackets installed. Drive shaft, E brake, all new brakes all around and bled. Radiator, trans cooler, new hard lines made. Distributor installed hood on.

Ken

DSC01906.jpg

DSC01907.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Worked the last 4 months getting the W30 ready. Had the numbers matching 400 and trans rebuilt this year so the car is totally correct! The night before we leave the right side muffler failed. Drove it out and back on 1 muffler. Our ears are still ringing!

My class is Chevy & Oldsmobile Performance Cars. We are the only Oldsmobile in the class surrounded by 30 rotisserie restored Chevy Chevelle and Novas. We had a great time!! I only have the one photo.

69w30hershey.jpg

Class results from Hershey. Wow what a suprise!

Class 36B

First Junior

1967 Chevrolet.......................Charles A. Swanson, Manlius, NY

1969 Chevrolet Camaro.............Joseph J. Steczak, Downingtown, PA

Second Junior

1965 Chevrolet.................................Rob Kain, Hershey, PA

1966 Chevrolet Nova.......................Fred Dewey, Harrisburg, PA

Third Junior

1969 Chevrolet........................Jason C. Blazas, Cliffwood, NJ

1969 Oldsmobile................Ken I. Dennison, West Long Branch, NJ

• 2 weeks later...