Cruise Control 89 Reatta

Guest pamelahutson@verizon.net

My cruise control is not working. I changed the Servo and it is still not working. what is the next step. A few years ago a mechanic took my steering wheel off and i am wondering if he disconnected it How hard is ti to take the steering wheel off. Are their instructions someplace in the forum?

Pam Chavez Hutson

Guest Mc_Reatta

Just R & Ring the steering wheel shouldn't affect the cruise.

Does the light in the CC switch in the headlight switch pod and the cruise indicator on the IPC turn on and off when the CC switch is pushed?

Do you have any CC related trouble codes in diagnostics? B6**

Do your brake lights work correctly when the pedal is depressed and released. (Switch for cruise release is collocated with the break switch so it may still not be working even though the brake lights are.)

A lot of cruise issues turn out to be with the vacuum system either under the hood between the vacuum canister and the servo, or under the dash attached to the brake pedal bracket.

Mc_Reatta:

I just replaced the Cruise Control Servo with one from Jim Finn. I cracked the "large vacuum hose when I slit it to remove it" and had to cut it and reattach it with a brass hose barb. The CC Switch does light up when you push it but I get no light on the IPC when I push the button on the switch. The only error codes I got before the CRT stopped lighting up were :

B119 CurrentTwilight Photosensor Never worked

B122 Current Panel Lamp Dimming Pot Circuit ( not sure what this means as the dimmer actually seems to work on the IPC and the CRT when the I can see the CRT to dim it and the dimmer onthe switch with the CC works also )

B123 Current Panel Lamp Enable Circuit Problem?

ECM O2 Sensor which I just replaced but it is still showing up filled in on the CRT when I can see it

C553 History CRTC Memory Reset Indicator (Not sure What this means- got this after uninstalled and reinstalled it )

CRT 1013 CD99 Prom ID ( Do not know what this means at all) Got this one after I took it out and reinstalled it )

No other codes and the CRT stopped stayed black altogether "AFTER I CHANGED ALL OF THE FUSES IN THE FUSE PANEL"

Not sure what all that means

Hope this tells yo something!

Thanks for your help with this!

Pam Chavez Hutson

pamelahutson@verizon.net

818-362-0555

Guest Mc_Reatta

Troubleshooting this issue would be very difficult without the aid of diagnostics on the CRT. Until you can get another CRT about all I would suggest is to check for the Cruise light indicator on the IPC again when you are driving the car down the road with the cruise switch in the headlight pod turned on and after pushing the cruise "set" switch on the turn signal stalk.

If the IPC indicator comes on then, I think you may still have a problem with the vacuum lines. If it still doesn't come on then you probably have a problem with an input to the BCM which you could use the CRT diagnostics display to track down.

If you have pulled your CRT and cleaned the connectors and replaced with no success sounds like getting a working CRT should be your next step.

• 1 month later...

I have had th CRT checked by George Pleshko and it is working according to George. As I mentioned the light on the panel works it is the light ont the IPC that does not ever come on. I just bought a new BCM We'll see if that helps. I dontoknow how to get to it to install it however.