1939 pontiac

Guest pontiac39

Guest pontiac39

Was wondering if anybody out there knows of reproduction parts being made for 39 pontiacs, also info on decoding trim tag on firewall, thanks

Guest Pete Woodruff

Very little is being reproduced for flathead-era Pontiacs, nearly all of which is mechanical parts. What are you looking for?

It will be much easier to decode your trim tag if you give us the numbers on it, as opposed to listing all of the possible combinations. There are no production numbers for the various body styles, only total production numbers for bodies and engines.

Guest pontiac39

Body# 2994

Style# 33-2527B

Trim# 70-1V

Paint# 51D Would appreciate any info on these numbers off the firewall trim tag, Thanks

Guest pontiac39

Really want to know if the the rear roll pans that I see for sale for 39 chevy's would work on my 39 pontiac, it needs to be replaced.

Guest Pete Woodruff

The first two digits of the Style No should be the same as the model year, 2527B is the Business coupe. The 25 series were six cylinder only and based upon the Fisher A-body shared with Chevrolet. It is likely that the rear roll pans you reference would fit your Pontiac.

The paint code is Baffin Bay Blue Metallic, the D suffix indicates that your car's fenders were painted to match the body. The body stripe is Argent Silver and the wheels were also body color. The interior trim was likely to be mohair, but I will have to do some digging to give you the correct name and color. A quick check of my parts book showed only one available upholstery number for the series 25 business coupe.

I will be away until early next week, so you won't hear from me before then.

Hello pontiac39, Pete has given you some good info but it is not certain that roll pan would fit, although it would probably be close enough to modify to fit. Here is what to look for:

Note that GM cars were essentially built in two halves--Fisher Body built the body and the car division built the frame and running gear and sourced the front sheetmetal, fenders and running boards, etc. It is well known that Fisher Bodies were used by multiple divisions and had some interchange, so an A body Chevy and Pontiac often share doors, roof and glass parts and related hardware and trim. This is very helpful to Pontiac people. BUT since the frame was different anything related to connecting the body to the frame is likely different. Often close in shape and size, but not necessarily the same. Sometimes can be modified to fit, but just be aware it is not likely identical. Good luck, Todd C

Guest pontiac39
The first two digits of the Style No should be the same as the model year, 2527B is the Business coupe. The 25 series were six cylinder only and based upon the Fisher A-body shared with Chevrolet. It is likely that the rear roll pans you reference would fit your Pontiac.

The paint code is Baffin Bay Blue Metallic, the D suffix indicates that your car's fenders were painted to match the body. The body stripe is Argent Silver and the wheels were also body color. The interior trim was likely to be mohair, but I will have to do some digging to give you the correct name and color. A quick check of my parts book showed only one available upholstery number for the series 25 business coupe.

I will be away until early next week, so you won't hear from me before then.

Really appreciate all the info, seems as if pontiacs of this era are fairly rare, Thanks Pete!

Guest pontiac39
Hello pontiac39, Pete has given you some good info but it is not certain that roll pan would fit, although it would probably be close enough to modify to fit. Here is what to look for:

Note that GM cars were essentially built in two halves--Fisher Body built the body and the car division built the frame and running gear and sourced the front sheetmetal, fenders and running boards, etc. It is well known that Fisher Bodies were used by multiple divisions and had some interchange, so an A body Chevy and Pontiac often share doors, roof and glass parts and related hardware and trim. This is very helpful to Pontiac people. BUT since the frame was different anything related to connecting the body to the frame is likely different. Often close in shape and size, but not necessarily the same. Sometimes can be modified to fit, but just be aware it is not likely identical. Good luck, Todd C

Thanks Todd, really appreciate all the helpp I have had on this site, thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pontiac39

Any body know of companies out there that would make a front fender bra/bugscreen for my 39 pontiac coupe, thanks

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I have some parts from a 1939 Pontiac for sale 

1:pair of front fender with headlight,excellent condition will only sale pair.

1: 4 pieces grill,excellent condition,( would need chromed)

1:Hood in excellent condition 

parts are in storage , I will post photos if interested.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a 39 2 door sedan iam trying to find some doors and a trunk lid iam dedicated to restore the car any help would be greatly appreciated thank you model 39-2811

On 4/1/2021 at 9:12 AM, Nos.eddy said:

Do you have the doors and trunk lid

Edited by Jerry Cagle (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 8:12 AM, Nos.eddy said:

I’m interested in the grill pieces , do you have the center?