SeanR

What did you do to your Reatta today? <ongoing thread>

I never got to to meet the owner but it was as cute as a button and the people loved it :)  Just standing close to it gave you a serious desire to get it and take it for a spin.

Edited by Cargirl (see edit history)

Made some inquiries, It's a Devin with a 6cyl corsair motor with quad carbs  According to Wiki: Devin Enterprises is an American automotive manufacturer that operated from 1955 to 1964. Devin was mainly known for producing high quality fiberglass car bodies that were sold as kits, but they also produced automotive accessories as well as complete automobiles. The company was founded by Bill Devin.

I am out of garage space but if I decided to buy one I guess I could store it in the trunk of my 1974 Delta 88!  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2018 at 6:36 PM, Fox W. said:

Next thing:  Replace trans/eng. mounts.  At least one is broken I think, I get a nasty sound when under-load in reverse. 

Ok I replaced the bad trans/motor mount, the RH trans mount was bad,  OE part# 1646517 ; (Anchor 2691)  I used an Anchor mount and found that I had lots of transmission and engine noise now coming through the chassis.  I did some research and found that people generally agree that you should always stick to OE if you can for trans/engine mounts, unless a really good brand like Moog makes some.   For us though, we have DEA, Westar and Anchor, which are all known to be pretty awful.   People say they are harder, louder, and break far more easy.   So now I'm after OE ones,  in particular the 1646517 which is going on ebay for no less than $330, which is a lot.  If anyone has one for sale, let me know.

Results with new mount:   Hum/vibration at idle in the car, where there never used to be one.  Transmission while in gear now makes it much worse.  Transmission engagement from park in to D or R is now a hard thump.  Basically the new mount is just too solid feeling, it needs to be softer.  It may get better with break-in.

Edited by Fox W. (see edit history)

I had purchased some A/C parts for my daughter's car from Rock Auto. Turned out I didn't need them all so I did a return tag. I needed a box to use to send them back in, and as luck would have it it the box I used to send the parts back in had a very small box in it. I opened the small box and found two Reatta Crank Sensors in it. I had used that box to take over to Kendall's when were doing the rebuilt engine/tranny install and loaded it up with parts I thought we might need. I thought  I had emptied it out completely but evidently not.

Nice day brightener!

• Like 2

Summer's in Phoenix are like winters in the rest of the USA, we park our cars in summer and wait till the fall. I took the car out last night to get the fluids flowing and run the AC. Ended up in front of the world famous Fountain here in Fountain Hills.  It only goes off at the top of the hour so I guess I got lucky!  :)

reattafountain.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Replacing stop light bulbs in the rear window is easy peasy.

Tools needed are a #10 Torx and a wide bladed screw driver.

I found the page on how to do this in the service manual and it looked like a good week day job. The area behind my lens had dust bunnies and gunk inside.  I had heard from someone that you had to open the pass through and crawl in the trunk to remove the rear package shelf in order to do this job.  NOT!!!  My lights are ok so I only removed things to clean things up.

Run the driver's seat forward, crawl into the back, remove the two Torx screws from the center luggage tie down, remove the tie down and pry out the plastic panel that covers the light housing.  There are two long push-in screws at the bask of this plastic panel that simply pull out.

It was interesting to see a date scrawled on the panel of my 88.

DSCF2275.JPG

DSCF2276.JPG

DSCF2277.JPG

• Like 1