1989 Buick reatta problems?

Guest Ryguy92503

Ryguy, Like I said before, I have probably 6 of these headlight switches in excellent tested condition. I offer a 60-day warranty on these switches too. Any problems at all, just send it back and I'll send you a new one.

Shoot me an email or a PM. I also have a couple remotes available for good prices. They may not look fantastic, but they work good. I include programming instructions.

Let me know,

Guest Ryguy92503

Alright thanks everyone! And NCReatta, I will call you tomorrow and hopefully talk with you about pricing and shipping and everything else. Thanks everyone and hopefully I will get this fixed asap! Btw any suggestions for a paint job? Or where to get a good cheap paint job? Thanks again

Guest Mc_Reatta

If the windshield and rear window are in good condition, they alone are worth more than you paid for the whole car. You did very well. Once you get over these initial problems you will really love your car. It will keep you busy though to keep all of the systems running as intended, but they are very reliable cars that won't leave you stranded very often, if at all. About the only things that will do so are the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and the crankshaft position sensor. You will learn what parts you should have on hand as spares to keep you on the road. Have been several post to that effect on this forum already. A headlight switch, ICM, and CRT are at the top of that list for sure, although once you are familiar with the location of the buttons on the various screens, you can live without the CRT until a spare could be located.

Also suggest you learn to use the search function on this forum so you can do some research on all areas of your car. Tons of information has been posted here over the years by some extremely knowledgeable members.

If you can't find a recommended paint shop via word of mouth, a lot of folks on the forum recommend looking at MACCO. You need to get the paint upgraded from the single coat they push in their low cost packages to a true color and separate clear coat finish. They can do a very good job at a reasonable price at most of their locations. Check your local one's reputation out to be sure it isn't a lemon.

Edited by Mc_Reatta (see edit history)

Guest Ryguy92503

I just tried driving it again and when I went to put the fuse back in it sparked, then when I put the exterior lights on everything on the inside dimmed to where I can barely see it.

Guest Mc_Reatta

Did you try to adjust the Panel Dimming slider pot on the switch. Instrument and panel lights are supposed to dim after dark. Their brightness is supposed to be controlled via the dimming pot from almost off to full brightness. This might just be another issue with the switch and should go away when you install an operating switch.

When I bought the car it didn't come with a keyless remote, is there any place where I can buy one?

You can pick up a Cadillac remote that should work with your Reatta. Buttons are larger and their range is 10-15 feet further then an OEM remote (if you can find one).

Here are a couple eBay listings of Cadillac remote #PN10178734:

FREE SHIP! Cadillac Seville Eldorado Keyless Entry Remote 10178734 AB00702T | eBay

GM#22 CADILLAC 1991-1995 PN10178734 | eBay

With patience, you can usually find a remote in excellent condition for $10 - $22.

Info on programming the remotes can be found on Ronnie's site: Remote Transmitter Programming Instructions*-*ReattaOwner.com and here is more remote information: Remote Transmitter Replacements*-*ReattaOwner.com

Must be a slow day in the repair department. A lot of brain power weighing in.

Your "electrical problems indicated" warning on the CRT could be something as simple as the orange "Service Engine Soon" light bulb being burned out. You should check that as well.

Do you get the "Show" or is that something that you will have to work on as well?