Need Advice Removing Center Console & Wires
Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:57 AM
Below is a picture of the two wires that would connect to the receiver. The wire highlighted with the white arrow was for power and I assume the other wire noted by the red arrow was wired to the speakers. Question is...how do I go about removing the wires? I know neither lead to the back of the radio. Is there anything I should be aware of before removing the center console to remove the wires (never removed the center console before)? Do you think its necessary to disconnect the car battery?
Teach a man to fish, he eats for a day (liberal).
Feed a man a fish, he eats for a lifetime (conservative).
Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:12 AM
The console cover is easy to remove.
1) Open the arm rest and remove the plastic bucket liner.
2) Remove the two phillips screws near the latch for the console arm rest.
3) GENTLY pry the top piece (black piece) away from the silver/chrome piece.
4) Remove ash tray and unscrew single phillips screw.
5) Remove screws up front near cubby hole.
6) Gently remove silver/chrome piece. Unplug ash tray light and cigarette lighter power.
From there, I would probably just take the wires and throw them in the console. Lots a room down there, and they're not affecting anything.
Then just do this inverse to reassemble the console.
BCA BOD 2013-2016
Lots of parts cars, lots of parts. You name it we've got it in stock. Call or email with your needs.
Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:07 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users