1931 Studebaker model 54 coupe

Guest 32cruiasin

Guest 32cruiasin

Hello, I am starting to restore a Model 54 Coupe that I found at auction last June.I am tring to find a little Studebaker history that wouls talk about the 54 but can't seem to find anything online.Everthing I find mentions the Dictator, Commander etc. but no mention of the Model 54 coupe. I am tring to find production numbers etc. Any help as to where I can find this info? Thanks

Hello, I am starting to restore a Model 54 Coupe that I found at auction last June.I am tring to find a little Studebaker history that wouls talk about the 54 but can't seem to find anything online.Everthing I find mentions the Dictator, Commander etc. but no mention of the Model 54 coupe. I am tring to find production numbers etc. Any help as to where I can find this info? Thanks

1931 Studebaker model 54 Six. Low price offering for Studebaker behind the larger President, Commander and Dictator. Base price of Business Coupe $845. Produced between December 1930 and September 1931. Total U.S. production 23,917 plus 1,030 in Walkerville, Ontario Canada. Serial range: 5096001 to 5120000 in U.S. and 5952200 to 5953250 Canada. Engine L-head Six 205 c.i. 70 horsepower. 114” wheelbase. Available in a 4 door sedan, Coupe either 2 or 4 passenger (w rumble seat), roadster and 4 door open touring. Wire wheels and side mounted wheels optional on all models.

The offshoot Rockne model which came out in 1932 was based on the 1931 model 54.

Hope this helps?

Eric

Just want to add below in case it helps anyone else (from one of my Red Books)...

The 54 was a 6 cyl model and came in the following body styles...

Roadster.................... $895 2700lbs

Business Coupe ........ $845 2790lbs

Coupe (rumble seat).. $895 2840lbs

Sedan ....................... $895 2930lbs

Sedan Regal ............. $970 3075lbs

Touring ..................... $895 2805lbs

Touring Regal ........... $970 2960lbs

Studebaker Six

Bore and Stroke: 3-1/4x4-1/8

HP: 25.35

Main Bearings: 4

Piston Displacement: 205.2

Brake HP: 70 @ 3200rpm

Carburator: Stromberg

Ignition: Delco Remy

Gear Ratio: 4.73

Wheelbase: 114

Tires: 19x5.25

Serial Numbers stamped member of frame under left front fender. Engine number stamped on left front of engine block just back of water pump.

Colors (Dupont Duco) from the Historical Color Library which has formula for each:

Absinthe Green Deep

Butternut Beige

Catona Green

Chippendale Brown

Coach Green

Limousine Blue

Maple

Montana Brown Dark

Montana Brown Light

Smoke Gray

Later Colors:

YUD Cameron Heath

YUM Danube Blue Dark

YUL Danube Blue Medium

YUG Granite Gray

YUH Totem Beige Dark

YTN Totem Beige Light

If anyone else needs some info about their car, let me know.

Eric

• 3 years later...