Stutz on eBay

Luv2Wrench

OK, just got back. The car looks just like it does in the pictures. It appears very solid. It is painted so I can't tell if it is 60% filler underneath, but I didn't see rust bubbles or other obvious defects. The car came to the seller as part of a group of more expensive cars, including a stunning Jaguar XK 150 S. The previous owner imported the car from Chile. In my opinion the car is a sedan with the top chopped off, but has probably been that way for many years. The import papers have the car as a 1926, however the engine number (86145) would place it later than that, 1927 or 1928. The car was in the back of the warehouse and the lighting was not so good so I didn't get the best look at it. The interior looked pretty good but somehow didn't look 'correct'. That is pretty hard for me to judge as it is the first Stutz I've seen that had an interior.

I went to see that car because the gentleman that has the car listed on eBay sold me my current project, a 1913 Metz. I will not be bidding on the Stutz as one project at a time is enough.

It is about a 30 minute drive from my house so if someone is interested in bidding I can go back Saturday or Monday and get a closer look.

The wire wheels looked good, however it only has one spare and that spare has a bent rim (which you can see in the pictures).

If one had a top or knew where they could get a top (like a rust bucket with a good top), I would think this car would be very valuable to them.

I do not have a Stutz myself. The 1913 Metz project is my only car at this time.

Wrench,

Thanks for your report. Auction almost over and $11k. I watched it but did not bid. As you mentioned, if someone had the parts to fill in the blanks it might be a buy. My car is complete

and unrestored. I couldn't see that much value for myself. Neat speedster project though if someone were so inclined and wouldn't be a tragedy since the car was already cut.

Anybody know where this car is going and what it's fate might be?

Dennis