CCCA Judging

Steve_Mack_CT

Guest bkazmer

Agree that sloppy gloss black and satin black are not the same. Sloppy gloss may have been the factory level though. No deduction is given for over restoration, but IMO no credit should be given for it either. Generators did not, in most cases, have the same finish as exterior body panels.

Guest studepeople

I'm thinking that the CCCA has lost much of what this club started out with years ago. Maybe instead of a "Grand Classic " we have a "Grand Picnic" . A plain just get together to share the cars and share a bottle of wine a picnic basket with friends and or guests that we might bring to see all the cars. No judging at all just a fellowship of car owners seeing the good old original or what ever someone is working on . But to share "Classic Cars" ...........

Unfortunately the human race, especially the male of the species has evolved to compete and by God compete we will. A picnic sounds good but it would inevitably morph into "competitive tailgating" like you now see at major sporting events. Think about it...Classic cars would never have existed if someone hadn't wanted a car just a little bit bigger/fancier/more powerful than his neighbor. Reminds me of my 6 year old grandson's baseball team. They aren't allowed to keep score so as not to injure anyone's fragile "self esteem" but I can tell you every kid on the team keeps score mentally and knows who "won".

Guest studepeople

Restorer32; I would say the event I am speaking of probably would not apeal to you as you seem to have to be rewarded for bringing out a car. That is to bad. This idea has worked in the past when for years the local "Packard Club" held a friendship meet to promote this idea of getting out cars(rare ones) . This all happened at a large local winery . The only thing you got was a tour plaque . But the fabulous cars that showed up was amazing. It ended only after the winery needed the open ground to expand. The cost was free , just the gas to get there.........