Convertible top manual/instructions

Barney Eaton

I don't remember seeing this booklet/manual before. Today while searching for something else, I found this 1991 top supplement behind the owners manual in the portfolio.

The other one in the photo is the one for 1990 convertibles.

There was a very early version of the 1990 showed power pull downs. When I find it I will post the picture.

post-30596-143138743972_thumb.jpg

Guest Kingsley

Barney - there is a similar manual which was for, as I understand, initially for internal dealer service purposes, and offered in the"Know How" series of some 29 or so issues relating to a lot of Reatta service info. On the these, No. 29 covers adjustment of the convertible tops. I suspect what you have is not a "Know How" publication but perhaps something of a GM publication. Comments? I am trying to get a complete set of these "Know How" manuals so if anyone can help me on this please give me a shout. (310) 478-0191 or toll free (855) REATTAS - (855) 732-8827 or send me a PM.

Thanks.

Guest blue72beetle

On the subject of convertible top manuals, I just noticed this with the manuals that came with my car. Perhaps this is already common knowledge, if so, just ignore me.

The top manual has a part number of 25537525A

Bottom manual has a part number of 25537525B

Notice the difference in the pictures showing the rear bow release. (Pictures 2 and 4)

PB293022.jpg

Andy, thanks for the pictures, I would think the lower booklet would be rare.

Correction.....the pictured upper manual is the rare/unusual oneAlso, if you ever break one, the release handle is the same as a Buick Century hood release.

(1988 +/-)

Here is a photo of the first design location of the release buttons. You can see the Buick planned on having the power pull down from the start, but for some reason we did not see them until the 1991 model. The buttons are located on the drivers side where the rear panel curves to mee the door..... note door gasket.

post-30596-143138744565_thumb.jpg

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

Guest steveskyhawk

I have found lots of Reattas in the Los Angeles self serve wrecking yards. I have even found 3 or 4 1991 models. I have never seen a convertible. If you consider the production numbers it is more likely that you will find a convertible than a 91. I'm encouraged that the convertibles are being better maintained apparently

Well they were ten grand more than the coupe at a time when ten grand would buy many new cars. Also probably less used than coupes. All I know is that whle have never seen one in a yard, there are entirely too many 'verts here.

post-31022-143138750835_thumb.jpg

Guest my82roc

Actually saw 2 reatta verts in 2 different maryland junkyards in the same month.Both were 1990 models.This was over a year ago.Since then one has been crushed while the other was still there as of the summertime