Headlamps

Guest notnow

Tom; I called their number and they said they "Don't Have 6 volt sealed Beams" .They Refered me to a Company in Pa.. They do have a 6volt sealed Beam listed in their Catalogue but it's not the correct one. they also said and I Quote " we Don't Have 6 volt Sealed Beams and We Don't have #4030 Sealed Beams and We didn't Advertise them in any Club Magazine" end Quote !!!!! I'm Glad in a Way he Didn't Have #4030 Bulbs as I sure Wouldn't want to do business with someone with his attatude..I did tell him to look on page 10 of his Catalogue and contrary to his statement they Do List 6 volt Sealed Beams ,just not the ones I was looking For !!!! Maybe He was Having a Bad Day..Anyway Thanks For Trying .. CH

Edited by notnow (see edit history)

Tom ; Last evening I called Restoration Specialty again and talked to another man there ..He also said they "Do not" have #4030 Sealed Beams or #6006 Sealed beams.. Number 6006 replaced 4030.. I did Call Bod Drake's ,they do not have them and haven't had them for some time .. They are "Back Ordered" from their Supplier..I Guess that means they are Waiting on the Boat from China.. Anyway, I placed A Standing Order With them ..I hope they Have them By Spring ..I won't be driving my car until then,I put in Storage ..Again I thank You for Your Efforts .. CH

John; I looked at the ones on B-bay Yesterday ,they all had the nubs except one pair,and they were used.. I have Used ones . both of mine have a dark area inside.

They still work but not as bright as they should be..The Used ones were $20 and $35 shipping , and of course no Warranty.. I'll wait until I can Find Two New ones .. Thanks For Your Interest ....CH

• 1 year later...
Guest notnow

"D' I got a pair from Bob Drake last Nov .. I ordered them on a "Standing Order" about 6 months before then , when they got them in the called me .Then sent them .. Funny thing they were Made in Cleveland Ohio and I live in Youngstown Ohio..The were "new Manufacture" by GE ..No one seems to have them and in My case I was glad to get them..Strange --- they were made in Cleveland and I had to get them from someone on the West Coast then had to Pay to have them shipped Back to Me.. If I recall correctly they were $25.00 each ..

Edited by notnow (see edit history)

I ordered the Wagner 6006 lamps from the local Napa store and it only took less than a week to get them. About $23 apiece. The halogen lamps are a lot brighter than the the old Westinghouse lamps I had. The right one fit fine without touching the alignment nubs. I think I screwed up by grinding down the top nubs on the left one.

If you have an earlier car (than '41) that needs lamps without the nubs, they're really not hard to grind down on a carborundum wheel. It takes patience though so you don't overheat and crack the glass (like I did with one).

-Dave