Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeff_a

PEERLESS PARTS FOR SALE THREAD

92 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It's so impossible to find Peerless parts sometimes, I thought that when one of us finds one for sale we should post it here. If someone finds something else for sale, put the post here ...and number it with a roman numeral like I have. Thank you.

I. Peerless sedan rear seat accessory FS.

On e-Bay, someone has a real Peerless accessory for sale for about 4 more days. It's for sale by "turkey1717" and is listed as a "Peerless Luxury Touring Car Cigarette Accessory".

I think it could be for:

a. a mirror and compact case

b. cigarette case and matches case

c. small notebook and pen case

All 3 of these things have been advertised as accessories in the back seats of some of the nicer models of Peerless closed cars 1926-1931, according to ads.

I'm sure it's genuine. It's an ornate container, mostly sheet metal, with wood-grained front, and 2 velvet-lined compartments inside. There is a colorful Peerless eagle logo at the top, and the dimensions are about 3 1/2"x7"x2". Stamped with Doerr Co. on back.

I think they were asking about $80.00 for the item.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

II. An incredibly intact complete walnut vanity case is currently for sale on e-bay. It is specifically for a 1920s or 1930s Peerless closed car.

Posted (edited)

III. Egads! A Peerless generator is for sale on e-Bay 'til 3/28/12. Type-in: "Peerless Generator" on e-Bay Motors.

Buy It Now price of $350.00. Seller not certain of model it goes to(thinks maybe years 1924-26), but came from salvage business operating from 1934-1981. Taken from parts car...had tag reading "PEERLESS 6 1924". Delco. Comes with brass nose piece. Good photos.

IV. A NOS 1927-1928 Peerless 6-60 Starter Ring Gear is for sale on e-bay. O.D.:12". I.D.:10 7/8". 1/2" thick.

Posted (edited)

V. A 1910 Peerless Coil Box is for sale on e-Bay. Has Peerless Motor Car Co. plaque.

Posted (edited)

VI. An Aluminum Peerless hubcap is for sale on e-bay until 4/7/12. The price has rocketed up from around $15 to $162 with 38 bids!

Kind of unusual for a simple hubcap...but I have to admit it's an unusual design that I've never seen before.

IX. When I looked on ebay yesterday, there were Intake and Exhaust Valves, and a Peerless Tire Pressure Gauge for sale.

I just listed a Peerless Moto meter on Ebay. It is a 5 day auction.

Comes from my dad's estate. I haven't seen a whole lot of other Peerless parts but I will be keeping a look out.

I was looking at e-bay yesterday and saw that the generator for a 1924 Peerless Six is still for sale. All you guys with '24 Peerless Superb Sixes ought to look into it!

Posted (edited)

X. I see that someone has an Engine Serial Number Plate for sale on e-bay.

They want $100 for it. Seller thinks it's a body serial number plate and from a 1926 Peerless.

The "13K-3561" stamped in the brass tells us it is from one of the grand straight-eight Peerlesses. As a matter of fact, this tells us this motor i.d. plate is from one of only about 653 "Custom" or "Model C" 1930-1932 Peerlesses [13K-3001 to 13K-3653]. The last of the line and most expensive model for the Thirties.

Posted (edited)

A look at ebay motors/parts/vintage turns up:

XI. a NOS copper head gasket for Peerless 6-70, 6-72, 6-90, and 6-91 Models. FS until 10/15/12.

XII. a 2 1/2" dia. green Peerless emblem. FS until 10/20/12

XIII. a 1929/1930-ish Peerless radiator emblem

FS 'til 10/14/12.

Posted (edited)

XIV. Also a pair of cowl-light brackets for the unbelievably rare and desirable Model 8-125 Peerlesses. Someone in Helsinki has them for sale until 10/17/12. Minimum bid: $300.

Serial #s: 19163-LH and 19162-RH

Sorry to make such a big deal about this model of Peerless, but someone has to. The cars are so rare it is unlikely anyone reading this has seen one in person. The 1929 Peerless 8-125 was the first model of this marque to have a straight-eight. It is a large, elegantly-designed luxury car with the presence of, say, a Cord L-29. Serial numbers suggest about 1,200 were built. My research comes up with only 3 to 6 in existence. Only one really in circulation. There are 3 photos of an 8-125 in the "AACA Photos" gallery at the top of the page if you do a search for Peerless using the gallery seach function of Advanced Search.

Edited by jeff_a
Shameless Testimonial (see edit history)

XV. I saw a craigslist ad today[Oct. 11th, 2012] for a Peerless 1928 6 Cylinder Drive Train.

Engine(turns), Driveshaft, Transmission and Rear End. Price: $2,500.

Cleveland, Ohio area. Contact Tom at #(216) 312-3825

XVI. E-Bay has a 5-Gauge Peerless Instrument Panel for sale until about 11/30/12. To me, it looks like one for a 1929 Model 6-61, possibly also for a 1928 6-60. Instruments not there...but metal backing and surround, glass covering, and Peerless gold eagle are.

XVII. On ebay for a couple more days are NOS roller bearings for a 30-32 Peerless 8 and for a 1926-28 Peerless, a NOS felt rear axle seal, and a nice hubcap for a late 20s Peerless wire wheel.

Posted (edited)

IXX. Someone has a Peerless Script Tire Pressure Gauge for sale on ebay for about 3 more days. $425.00 and no bids yet. There's also a NOS Copper Head Gasket (for a late 20s Peerless Continental Six Engine) FS.

Posted (edited)

Under the AACA Buy/Sell someone is selling a late 20's 6 cyl drivetrain.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/ptd/3504637277.html

1928 Peerless 6 cylinder engine, transmission, drive shaft, rear end. All original and complete. Condition unknown, but not frozen. Includes new spark plugs and distributor cap. Please call Tom 216 312-3825

This is on Cleveland Craigs List, which I find interesting. Has it been there for 80+ years.

Edited by BJM (see edit history)

Pre World War One Peerless Owners

XXI. On ebay there is currently a Peerless Coil Box for sale. For a 1905-1910 Peerless. FS for 24 more days.

XXII. An AutoLite generator that supposedly fits a 1917-1922 Peerless is for sale on ebay.

Posted (edited)

XXIII. Headlights for a 1930-32 Peerless Master or Custom are for sale on e-Bay. These are the huge ones. Currently $395.

Posted (edited)

XXIV. A set of 6 NOS Pistons and Wrist Pins are for sale on e-bay. Seller is parting out a 1927 Reo Wolverine plus parts & states these pistons shared by 1 Peerless model and a Jordan and a Reo using the Continental 15E and 16 E engines. Currently $65. My thoughts are these go to the 1927-1928 Peerless Six-60 199 Cu. In. engines.