Sign in to follow this  
Landman

Transport Companies

I've had good luck with passport the 2 times I used them Coast to coast. They had great communication called ahead and delivered right on the time they promised. Both times. Almost to the minute.

Passport has been fine, although their fees are at the higher end. I have also used Reliable, who own their own trucks and don't screw around with brokers.

A lot of the car dealers used wholesale transporters who are mostly Eastern European gangsters, frankly. Some of them are nice guys but some of them aren't. In this kind of service, you pretty much get what you pay for in terms of peace of mind. Car transports tend to slow down in bad weather, around peak show times for Amelia, Pebble, etc, because all the trucks are going out there with high-dollar vehicles whose owners are in a hurry. In car transport, it seems, the best services are provided by the very small operators and the very big ones. It's the ones in the middle and their brokers you have to watch out for. And, yes, ALWAYS use enclosed transport unless you really don't give a damn what happens to the vehicle. I mean, if it's a parts car, what the hell.

I've used this company twice and had no issues: www.a1autotransport.com/info/classic-car-transport.php My main concern was getting an enclosed carrier obviously and they seemed more on the affordable side than some of the others I reached out to. Even still, I'd probably contact a couple different options before making a decision on which one to use. The prices seemed to be all over the place from what I recall.