1921-22 Lincoln gasoline gauge assembly

Guest normandie

Guest normandie

Seeking 1921-22 Lincoln complete gasoline gauge assembly. Mounts in gasoline tank (no dash panel gauge). Also need transmission lock and radiator cap.

• 10 months later...
Guest Phil Cordery

I also could use a Fuel gauge, I have a 1923 Lincoln, my fuel tank has 2 fuel caps, I believe the mechanical gauge fits into one of the fillers.

would like to stay in contact with any Model L owners , my E mail is philipcordery@btinternet.com

I am working on a possible solution to this for my '24. Mounts in the left filler neck. Have contacted a company that makes a very similar setup that I am certain can be adapted. I'll post more once I am further along.

Ian

Manufacturer says order 6 minimum. Still need to get back to them with measurements of the tank and the old sender assembly. The length of the drop from the gauge mount to pivot and the length of the float arm will be matched to an original, which I have but is not serviceable. The gauge mounting flange will need to be turned to approximately 2 1/4" so it will fit under a cap and on top of the filler neck. A cap will need to be machined with a window. Looks do-able to me.

I thing the early Dodges used a similar gauge as well. More as it develops.

Ian

1924 Lincoln 7 passenger sedan

post-65279-143138995276_thumb.jpg

post-65279-143138995286_thumb.jpg

Normandie,

Sorry, don't know where any gas gauge assemblies are.

1921-1922 Lincolns are limited in numbers. My family owned a Leland Lincoln for 50 years. Any chance yours came from the Towe Museum In Deer Lodge, Montana? Thanks, Jeff.

OK, I think this can be made to work for us. Drop from bottom of gauge mounting to pivot is 10". Length of float arm is 7". Gauge mounting will need to be cut down to 2" across to fit under the cap. You are on your own for the modifications and the cap, but it seems like Chris can cut the cap to spec with a window for the gauge face.

pictured is an original gauge unit next to an example of what we can get. We'll need to order a minimum of 6 @ roughly $50 ea. (I will need to confirm this number with the manufacturer based on the size) As far as making the modifications, that is up to you. I am not making any profit, but would be appreciative if my packing and shipping costs were covered. The gauge face can be installed to work in any position desired. I would recommend it be situated at roughly 7 o'clock with the float arm at 3 o'clock when looking from above.

If there is any interest, please send me a message.

Thanks,

Ian Evans

post-65279-14313905566_thumb.jpg

post-65279-143139055669_thumb.jpg

post-65279-143139055674_thumb.jpg

Edited by ianevans (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...