For Sale - 1965 Buick Riviera - Unrestored

Guest Buick65NC

Guest Buick65NC

I have a 1965 Buick Riviera that has been in my family for about 22 Years. I had every intention of restoring it, but I have decided it is time to pass it on to someone who will restore it in the manor in which it deserves. I will attach some photos of it as it is. It runs & drives but needs to be gone through to make it safe and reliable. It has 88,000 original miles on it, and I believe we are the 3rd owners. the car has not been in service for about 5 years or so. It was my brothers car but he passed away from cancer a few years ago. The car is 100% original, the car has never been taking apart or manipulated in any way. Serious inquiries only. The car is near Raleigh NC and I can arrange shipping anywhere. Please contact me with any questions. i will try to be as honest and open as I can. The asking price is $3500.00

post-76446-143138568506_thumb.jpg

post-76446-143138568523_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob J

If a sale doesn't pan out with these guys, I'm definitely interested. So, count me as third in line. I bought another 65 this past Nov. in the Raleigh area.

Guest Buick65NC

Took the Riv for a ride down the street and back, amazing how everything works after sitting for so long. Horn, Radio, Wipers, Turn Signals, headlights, brake lights. I noticed today the cigarette lighter has never been used. It looks brand new. It will be sad to see it go, but I think someone in this forum will give it the rebirth it deserves.

Guest Kingoftheroad

She looks like a real sweetheart, with a little TLC, she is gonna be a knockout !

If I was in the market to buy, I would love to have her.

Guys - I spent some time with the car this afternoon. Overall it is very solid! I am passing on the purchase of the car as it is light on options. For those interested I can offer the following.

1. I was not in a place to crawl under the car but it appears to be rust free in the usual problem areas.

2. The only options are deluxe interior (includes the rocker moldings), AC and AM Radio. I could not test the AC as the belt is missing.

3. Interior needs - headliner trim is pitted and rusted, need to replace the front seat covers, wood trim kit, package tray, carpet, kick panels and headliner.

4. With the exception of a spot on the rear bumber, the exterior chrome should polish up nicely. No pits and the stainless looks great!

5. Headlight motor needs to be rebuilt.

6. Engine fires up and idles but I would clean the carb and do a tune-up. Motor is a numbers matching 401.

The owner has determined that the price is likely low but will stand by the current offer for now. If anyone would like me to take a closer look I am glad to help. Just let me know.

Thanks,

Ron

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rob J

OK, so I ended up buying this car. It just arrived last night, so I spent most of the day going through it. So far, it really is a solid car, with very little rust issues from what I can tell so far.

It is also really cool to find a car that is almost 50 years old that hasn't been tampered with. It truly is a time capsule.

I plan to make it a nice driver, and have some fun with it. I am very happy with the deal that I got on it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yep, car is sold. I bought it several months ago.

Been working on the car. It's turned out to be a fairly good buy. Car is solid, only one trouble area in the drivers footpan, and the rear window channel (typical). Will be stripping the car over the winter in prep for paint.

• 1 year later...