jackofalltrades70

1947 56C Project "Can't finish unless you start"

14 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

That link is getting intercepted and diverted, Willie.

Ben

I have no idea why since if you copy the address and paste into the address bar it works....anyhow get cork/rubber gasket material comes in 36 inch rolls.

4 hours ago, jackofalltrades70 said:

Make it in 2 oversize  pieces, cut at an angle at the overlap and glue with super glue.

• Like 1

The pan is almost 38” long. I hate using the rolls of material because ya fight the damn thing to unravel and stay flat.  I pieced the end together so the timing chain cover is a separate gasket.  Interlocked the ends of the gasket to keep it from moving. A little gasket sealer to hold in place and help the gasket seal and it is installed!  Could not find any turquoise paint in the garage or local outfits, so for now is ford blue.🤪

Matt

Well, she is back on the ground, full of fresh oil and runs like a Swiss watch!  Backed her out of the garage to sweep the floor and back in. No brakes yet. Need to bleed them as had the rear disconnected all winter.  Have all gears.  Happy man right now. 🤓

• Like 3

New master cylinder I purchased at BCA meet in Allentown now installed and brakes are bled. Thanks to my son Kevin (he’s 13), for helping me bleed the brakes.  I managed to forget to turn the ignition off and ran the battery dead, so she is back on the charger.  Was a beautiful night and sure wished I could have took her for a ride before the monsoons start again tomorrow.

Matt

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Out for a ride last night to a Troop Appreciation Event and then to a Minor League ball game between the RailRiders(NY) and Syracuse team.  Was very hot and sun tried cooking us.  Then the clouds came and headed the convertible home before any showers caught me with the top down.  Drove

nice at 55mph on 81  North for 15 miles. No percolation of fuel. Happy with that.

Happy Memorial day to all,

Matt

• Like 1

Before I went on vacation last week, I pulled the radiator and sent it to West York Radiator and Gas tank repair in York,Pa.  I had them re-core the radiator.  They repaired the top tank where it was dented also. Got back yesterday, radiator here today and installed back in the car.  Pulled a 170deg thermostat out that wasnt opening all the way and installed a 160.  Cooler running temp at idle. Hope I laid anothet gremlin to bed there.  

Also ordered a new set of Extra Wide White Radials from Diamondback for the girl.  With the 5/8” beauty bar, 3 3/4” wide white. Pictures of them when I get them.

1D432D27-82DD-46B9-92BE-44F25FDF97E1.jpeg

BF3F5BE1-FC36-43E3-85EB-56EA08C361F7.jpeg

• Like 5

Matt, I've been running Diamondbacks on my '41 and '56 Roadmasters for the last few years and have been very happy with them. Hope you get them on, and enjoy!

Keith

• Like 1

Reporting back.  WOW!  What a difference from the old bias ply tires to the Diamondback radials.  Ride was 100% better. Took small potholes and bumps in the road like they almost werent there.  Nice straight line down the road.  I definitely feel as though my money was VERY well spent!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1