Top Speed for '39 Special all standard

Vette58

Good for you 2Carb40 for making the sale and Kev for your amicable agreement to purchase. 

Wasn't trying to impinge on any deals having been done.

Just making a suggestion for others in general that may be looking for the taller rear end.

Hope to hear how it turns out Kev.

Danny

On 8/23/2021 at 7:08 PM, Larry Schramm said:

If you need someone to rebuild your torque ball, contact me PM and I will give you the information on the machine shop in the Detroit area that rebuilt the torque ball for my '15 truck.  Not cheap, but worth every penny. They do great work.  IMO.

I just relined eight 1939 Series 40, 60 torque ball seals.

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2021 at 4:36 PM, Kev Draper said:

I dont have any details on the chap who last owned my new acquisition, so if you have his details that would be great?

I have agreed to pay 2carb40 $300 for his torque ball....seems fair enough but Im just a beginner at this.

I assume Mark Webb is a mechanic on a mission to rebuild torque balls for the numerous Buick owners who need them? A high demand yet low supply situation which if correct, means that 2carb40 is looking after me very well :)

Im trying to get hold of water pump for the old girl. The current one has too much play and hot water is leaking.

I just relined eight 1939 Series 40, 60 torque ball seals.  I'm not a mechanic.  Just happened to track down the gentlemen that used to do the relining, bought his mold and instructions.  Obtaining the industrial rubber to metal bonding agent and the correct uncured rubber in the proper durometer was a challenge.  

• Like 3