1923 Stutz Fire Truck

Guest kevin kruschke

Guest kevin kruschke

I am looking to locate a 1923 Stutz Fire engine series JS Chemical Hose Car. This vehicle was owned by my grandfather in the late 1950's through the early 1970's. He purchesed the vehicle from the Grafton Fire Department in Grafton, Wisconsin in December of 1959.

He eventually sold it to Harrahs. Harrahs has told me that the vehicle was sold to a Bill Anderson at the Ponderosa Ranch, Incline Village, NV. The Ponderosa Ranch was a tourist spot ( it included the home that was used in filming the 'Bonanza' TV show ). It apparently fell on hard times and was sold some years later to a David Duffield who is a software tycoon.

I am looking to find out if anyone knows of this vehicle. I cannot locate Mr. Anderson to ask if the fire truck was sold with the Ponderosa. If it was, does anyone know if this Mr. Duffield still has it, or did he subsequently sell it?

This vehicle has signicance to me because it was presented to myself and my two brothers as a Christmas 'gift' on December 24, 1959. I was five years old at the time. I have photographs and other interesting documentation and would be interested in purchasing this vehicle if possible. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

Kevin Kruschke

kevin.kruschke@yahoo.com

(920) 377-6193

Kevin,

I own a 1924 Stutz Model K fire truck that was at one time owned by the Ponderosa Ranch. This truck was originally in service in Los Angeles and was later owned by Bill Harrah who sold it to Bill Anderson who owned Ponderosa Ranch. I don't believe my truck was ever owned by David Duffield, however.

Steve

• Like 1