1939 Pak-age-car

msmazcol

Yes guys there are more Pak-age-cars around, we are aware of that. Once you get more familiar with the vehicles you can spot immediate differences. The vehicle you refer to from the HAMB site was built by Stutz. The moulding work and rear engine panel are different. Jay Crist has two Pak-age-cars in his well known collection of stand to drive vehicles. None are Diamond Ts. Jay will agree with that.

It really does not bother us if more turn up. You can still count on one hand the numbers that are around and are restored. That's why we like it.

Thanks

The guys on the Hamb came up with some great photos! They also can't wait to hot rod it too. We have had the Pak-age-car at shows and heard that comment, "sure would be great with a small block in it". :eek::eek:

Sure that is just what you should do when there is only a few left!

Jay and my Dad compared notes on the Pak-age-car along the way. This one was just barely good enough for a pattern. Had it been any other vehicle, meaning readily available it would have NOT been worth saving.

Does not seem like any of these early delivery trucks were meant to survive the test of time.

Thanks

Man, those H.A.M.B. guys are ruthless! There is only ONE thing that I would change on your truck. That would be the names and logos to my own. Why would anyone alter it?

If you want to go fast, get a fast car/truck and then your challenge is.....take a non-rare car/truck and make THAT into a one-of-a-kind ride instead. Chop it, fin it, flare it, drill it and change it until it looks unrecognizable. THAT'S the thing to go for. Your vehicle and you will get attention and NOT be ruining another historical vehicle.

By the way...if there IS a 1931 Dodge hot rodder reading this, I will take your original cast off parts.

I am not anti hod rod at all. I am a firm believer that some vehicles simply should not be altered though. When you get into a handful of a certain vehicle surviving that is when I draw the line. There are so many "good" candidates for the hot rod world leave the odd balls alone.

I am not anti hod rod at all. I am a firm believer that some vehicles simply should not be altered though. When you get into a handful of a certain vehicle surviving that is when I draw the line. There are so many "good" candidates for the hot rod world leave the odd balls alone.

I'm a big believer that you should be able to do whatever you want with your own stuff. However, once in a while you will see a car rodded that was a crime against humanity. I agree, there is plenty of good (as in appropriate) cars to hot rod without messing with something rare or complete & untouched.

Hear, hear!!!

Agree 100%

Some morons would put a SBC in Duesenberg.

Not only are they morons, they're unimaginative morons.