1932 V16 ?? Town Car

bubba

This movie is called Upper World and features an early 1930's town car limousine. This car is featured in the movie with a young Andy Devine as the chauffer. He gets a speeding ticket in it. There also is a Packard coupe and a Pierce Arrow appearing once. The dialogue that Ginger Rogers says in the backseat is priceless but can you pick out the problem?

TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES

This movie is called Upper World and features an early 1930's town car limousine. This car is featured in the movie with a young Andy Devine as the chauffer. He gets a speeding ticket in it. There also is a Packard coupe and a Pierce Arrow appearing once. The dialogue that Ginger Rogers says in the backseat is priceless but can you pick out the problem?

TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES

Packard V-16? I don't think so.

There is no doubt the car is a 1932 Packard. Might be one of the Individual Custom models on the 147" wb. I don't know if we can see whether it is an 8 or a 12. I think in the movie the character was just one-upping the girl - just saying next number higher than what she said.

• 1 month later...
Guest De Soto Frank

"Sixteen? Up to now, my limit's been a Twelve..."

Wonder if this was supposed to be double-entendre ?

I think we need to give the screen-writers a little lee-way with the facts as to the car and cylinder count... looks like an early screw-ball comedy, probably weren't too concerned with getting all these little details straight...

First time I 've seen Andy Devine in a non-Western...