14yo with Car Questions

Posted originally in the CCCA forum... Moved here. (Editor)<P>---<P>Dear reader,<BR>I am 14. I own a 72 Elcamino Malabu ss. It has no title. Has all windows. The bed in the truck is rusting and so is the floor board in it. It has no tranny and no motor. I am asking $500.00 for it the way it is. My best offer.<BR>I can be contacted at (903)367-7388 if I am not there please leave a message.<BR>My e mail is anthonyroch@hotmail.com<BR>thanks,<BR>Anthony<P>----<P>dear reader,<BR>I am a 14 year old boy and I own a 2-door 65 chevelle malabu ss. The 65 has all but the front window in it. The doors I will sale for $50 a piece. I will sell the front clip of the car for 400 dollars. It has the original air conditioning equipment. I will sale all that for no less that $200. It has all the chrome ans ss imblems. Or I will sell the car for $1000.00 with Title. It has no tranny and no motor. The car does have some rust in the rear quarter panel next to the tire walls. The trunk needs complete panels. My mother and father bought this car for me to fix up; but my father and I found a 70 chevelle ss that I want instead.<BR>Below is listed the other parts that can be sold:<BR>Rear bumber - $50<BR>Rear Glass in perfect condition - $150.00<BR>two bucket seats in front (blue in color)$50 each<BR>Back Trunk lid in excellent condition - $100<BR>Front Hood has minor damage can still be fixed - $75<P>I can be reached at (903)367-7388 if not there leave message.<P>my email is anthonyroch@hotmail.com<p>[This message has been edited by peterg (edited 08-17-2000).]

I hope this '70 Chevelle needs some work (nothing really major). I grew up with my dad having several different older cars and going to antique car meetings. When I was about 14, he bought a '49 Willys Jeepster. We did an engine swap and then took it on a 1000 mile tour the weekend after. Total test mileage to check everything out before going. 5 miles. That was daring. Only problems we had was, no overdrive and the fuelpump sprung a leak. From this experiance, I ended up loving old cars, working on them, I went to school for auto technology, worked in a couple of dealerships, moved on to a dragrace shop where we built Mopar race engines. Since then I managed an auto parts store, and am currently a chassis fabricator for another drag racing shop. I build between 30 to 40 rails a year. <BR>Learning from working on the cars is the best experiance you can get. You never know where it might take you. I might build race cars for i living, but I'm also working on my antique cars in my free time and that's where my heart is.<BR>Have fun with your chevelle, and I'll quit rambling on.<P>[This message has been edited by novaman (edited 08-17-2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by novaman (edited 08-17-2000).]

Dear Novaman,<BR>Thanks for telling me goodluck. Do u still have the jeep that u and your dad bought. I realy love stories like that, because my real dad is a drunk. The one I am talking about in the chevelle thing is my step dad. He is the best father figure that I have.<BR> Anthony<BR>ps-thanks for the story plus reading about my situation.<BR>

unfortunely, he sold the car. My fist car I own that I could drive on the road was a '64 Chevy II Nova. Well, that's all it took for me. I sold that one but, I now have 3 1963 Chevy IIs. I bought five (that i can recall) others that I stripped for parts. The cars are in bad shape. And I bought and sold two others since my first one. Back to the Jeepster. My dad has leg problems from when in the Air Force, and it makes driving a car with a manual transmission hard. I liked the car and would have liked to keep it but no place to do so. My dad bought a 63 Chevy II nova convertible with an automatic tranmission to replace it. <P>Sorry to hear about your dad. Unfortunely achocol really messes up people and makes life hard on the family and people in their lives. I'm glad you have a better father figure now.<P>If you need any help with information on your chevelle let me know and i'll try to help. I check here about nightly. Are you going to try to restore it back to it's orginal condition?