Barry Brown

ANY INTERESTING ANECDOTES CONCERNING THE VINTAGE CAR STORE?

alsancle    436

Barry, do you have any other stuff from that business. My dad's 540k came from there in 1965 as well as my uncle's Duesenberg J 292. I have the invoice for the 540k.

Clincher    3

We made many trips down to Nyack during the 1960's. Ed Jurist was a pleasant and knowlegeable gentleman, and very fair to deal with. All these years later I still regret not having bought that low chassis Invicta.

Nyacker    0

I did a few photos for Ed Jurist around 1974 or so. Before that I had Victor work on my 1959 Austin Healey 3000, a car that had been in a garage for a while and not running. I got it running but the brakes needed work and I was new to working on cars. Victor tuned it up, fixed the brakes and gave it a good going over and it ran like a champ for years afterward- I did the rest of the work from that point on, including tranny work from failing to tell someone that borrowed it that first gear was NOT synchro, go easy in first! I'm not sure, maybe as a 'newbie' it won't let me upload a couple of photos I did for Ed, let me know. 

black rolls.jpg

two tone rolls.jpg