what are these 4 SUE-A-SIDE DOORS FIT

Guest photodude

Guest photodude

what DO YOU THINK THEY ARE for . BEST I CAN TELL from a lot photos i have looked at I think they went on 1930 to 1937 NASH or newer the back glass is square and on the 1940 Nash it has a slight slant .they are in great shape no rust to speak of no hole or dents . 2 have window glass and a few knobs and door handles. THEY ARE FOR SALE thanks for any input on what they fit. YOU CAN SEE big photos i have uploaded on my sever at . https://public.me.com/twbphotos

let me know if you cant see them

post-71457-143138348581_thumb.jpg

Edited by photodude
can not you load photos (see edit history)

Guest photodude

this is the left side of the car .the handel it broken on this one .I have better photos dont go by this one . the site has a majure problem loading photos . I HAVE spent 4 hour dealing with this .

this is the left side of the car .the handel it broken on this one .I have better photos dont go by this one . the site has a majure problem loading photos . I HAVE spent 4 hour dealing with this .

I have no problem loading photos as long as the pixel size is 2000 or less in either direction. The doors look like 1936 Dodge doors to me.

Guest photodude

they could be the thing that made me think they are NASH door is the green mohair door liner .there is a 1940 Nash on ebay that has it. i did get 2 more photos to load.

Edited by photodude (see edit history)

Guest photodude

when you say turned in door handles what do i look for on the handle? thear is only inside window handles no inside door handel and 1 outside handel

post-71457-143138349493_thumb.jpg

post-71457-143138349534_thumb.jpg

Guest photodude

what should i look for on the handle ? the door opening handels are missing thear 2 window handel and 1left rear outside door handle.

when you say turned in door handles what do i look for on the handle? thear is only inside window handles no inside door handel and 1 outside handel

I meant that on the Buick, I think the back of the exterior door handle curves back towards the body of the car. Your door handle does not and it looks just like my 1936 Dodge Brothers door handles and doors. My car also had the vertical ribs going up the inside door panel as yours does.

dose your windows have a fitted metal like fram around the inside door windows. how about that roller do hickey .

Yes it had the frames around the windows as most do, but the roller item was certainly NOT original to any door I have ever seen. No car company would put that there, I don't think. To me, that looks like some genius' idea of a home made anti-rattle device for the window. Why would it have that extra screw hole?

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest photodude

THAT MAKES SENCE HOW ABOUT THE BACK WINDOW FUZZY TRIM CHANNEL .DOSE YOUR HAVE IT. HAVE found any # on the door at all .I LOOKED UP THE PATEN NUMBER ON THE SSOS HINGES .IT WAS REGISTERED IN 1925 do your hinges have ssos stamped on the hing ?

post-71457-143138349578_thumb.jpg

THAT MAKES SENCE HOW ABOUT THE BACK WINDOW FUZZY TRIM CHANNEL .DOSE YOUR HAVE IT. HAVE found any # on the door at all .I LOOKED UP THE PATEN NUMBER ON THE SSOS HINGES .IT WAS REGISTERED IN 1925 do your hinges have ssos stamped on the hing ?

Yes and yes. 1935 thru 1937 were very similar.

If you get $250 each for these doors you are one He** of a salesman!

I agree since there is a guy with two rare 1942 - 1948 Continental convertible doors on here for sale for $200.00 for the pair. Now....if they were coupe doors, you might just get the price you are asking.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

1936 Dodge, DeSoto or Chrysler.

Hey Keiser31,

I'm rather sure it is NOT a Dodge door. Maybe a DeSoto or Chrysler? (The sheet metal and inner support structure on those different MoPar models are all pretty much the same, except for some trim mounting.)

The outer handle on the rear door is right for Dodge (and probably other MoPars) of 1936 but the trim strip is wrong and the inside handles are wrong for Dodge. (See photos attached of '36 Dodge stuff). The front doors did not have the vent window on '36 Dodge 4DR's (including the touring sedans).

I think he is on the right track for some kind of MoPar product from '35 or '36 but probably not Dodge.

Good luck!

post-67404-143138349954_thumb.jpg

post-67404-143138349956_thumb.jpg

post-67404-143138349958_thumb.jpg

post-67404-14313834996_thumb.jpg

Hey Keiser31,

I'm rather sure it is NOT a Dodge door. Maybe a DeSoto or Chrysler? (The sheet metal and inner support structure on those different MoPar models are all pretty much the same, except for some trim mounting.)

The outer handle on the rear door is right for Dodge (and probably other MoPars) of 1936 but the trim strip is wrong and the inside handles are wrong for Dodge. (See photos attached of '36 Dodge stuff). The front doors did not have the vent window on '36 Dodge 4DR's (including the touring sedans).

I think he is on the right track for some kind of MoPar product from '35 or '36 but probably not Dodge.

Good luck!

Now that you mention it, I remember the Chryslers as having the vent windows....not the Dodge. I am SO sorry for that wrong i.d. It's been a while since I owned that car. I should have left it up to you other guys.

Now that you mention it, I remember the Chryslers as having the vent windows....not the Dodge. I am SO sorry for that wrong i.d. It's been a while since I owned that car. I should have left it up to you other guys.

Hey. No problem! We're just trying to drill down on the ID for "photodude". ALL contributions are helpful!

Keep up the good eye Keiser31!

Also, reference the value, I very much tend to agree with "Keiser31" and "Restorer32" on the value descriptions. (Side note: "Sue-A-Side", now THAT made me giggle! That begs the question, is that a comment on "Sue's" profile? ;) Or maybe a legal issue with some dude named "Side"?)

Hey. No problem! We're just trying to drill down on the ID for "photodude". ALL contributions are helpful!

Keep up the good eye Keiser31!

Also, reference the value, I very much tend to agree with "Keiser31" and "Restorer32" on the value descriptions. (Side note: "Sue-A-Side", now THAT made me giggle! That begs the question, is that a comment on "Sue's" profile? ;) Or maybe a legal issue with some dude named "Side"?)

You gotta wonder...

Yup. Saw that guy's eBay ads a few days ago. (See photos below). Almost all items he has for sale are a bit high priced. This door, at $395.00, will never sell at that price. (But never say never!!!) I believe the door he has is a '36 Plymouth. I site this because of the interior door handle style, darker color of the knob material and lack of exterior door chrome trim. The other thing I took note of with his door is that it looks as though it was in a fire of some type. The window is "DuPlate" glass which has the plasticized center and is darkened from the heat. (That is what looks darkened in the glass). The outer handle seems to be curved in a bit toward the door. (Mine and yours are straight.) Again, this is probably from being overheated. The paint near the dovetail latch seems bubbled. And lastly the bottom door seal seems abnormally "melted". It has been known that some old original gasket material can get to look sort of this way but usually not to this extent unless heated.

Also, note the inch wide metal flange at the rear of the front door opening on this door for sale. There is no vent window setup like on your door. That's because the door glass goes backward one inch during the first crank of the window handle and then down like a normal window. This gives you the "vent" opening for that door. That is the same as on my '36 Dodge. I know this style is also used on '36 Plymouth.

I am also a bit curious about the curve shape to the bottom leading edge of your front door. Not sure about that. I think that little curve will be the key to your door's ID.

The trim piece on your door has a RAISED section to the center of the trim piece. The Dodge door trim in my photo is concaved or depressed in the center of the piece. The interior handles in my photos are completely different than the one on your door.

So that is why I still think you have more of a Desoto or Chrysler "6" door, although I have never examined either of those doors closely.

Good luck!

post-67404-143138350091_thumb.jpg

post-67404-143138350135_thumb.jpg

post-67404-143138350137_thumb.jpg

post-67404-143138350139_thumb.jpg

post-67404-143138350141_thumb.jpg

post-67404-143138350393_thumb.jpg

post-67404-143138350395_thumb.jpg

post-67404-143138350396_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1936 D2
Added photos (see edit history)

Guest photodude

did you see the cadie photos i posted. i got the window/ winsheld chrome toady.think i should get the door/glass /back windsheld and the bumper?

did you see the cadie photos i posted. i got the window/ winsheld chrome toady.think i should get the door/glass /back windsheld and the bumper?

and the chrome strips on the inner ceiling and the "vent" trim on the fenders and anything else you can scavenge.

Guest photodude

tomorrow i am going to take a sawall and try to cut the side vent out what about the window motors that is in the doors . is the bumper worth trying to get off its bent on the right side some

post-71457-143138350398_thumb.jpg