#1 poci1957

poci1957

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

Hello everyone, I just heard about this:

www.365daysofa.com

This is a McPherson College grad living in Michigan who is using his stock Model A as his everyday driver for one year, through winter and everything. Thought it may be of interest to us. Todd C

#2 Barry Wolk

Barry Wolk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:01 PM

Jonathan is an awesome guy. He and Tabetha run the Hagerty Youth Judging Program. We talked about this adventure this past summer when they brought the program to the Krasl Concours in St. Joseph, MI.

#3 poci1957

poci1957

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

It caught my attention, in a time when everyone says they are not able to drive their old car on a Sunday with stock brakes and steering. And as a fellow grad I can say the McPherson College program usually gave the young restorer an affinity for the Model A. I am interested in following this adventure. Todd C

#4 elcamino72

elcamino72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:54 PM

What a great idea ... there is really no reason this can't be done, these cars were used daily when new in all kinds of weather. The only differences today are the lack of mechanics who know how to work on them, the lack of immediately availible parts and the fact that the cars are 80 years old and who knows exactly how hard of a life they've already lived.

I'll certainly be following this ... great story!
Bryan Shook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users