The first `55 4 Dr HT - Concept

progoofoff

Welcome to the family, Mike.

Now, to get it home and complete the interior.

It will be in Charlotte for the AACA Spring meet in April and

then the BCA Nationals in June.

Come to the 2012 BCA Nationals and see two Motorama Buicks side by side.

The second picture is another project Honest Charley Garage did at the same time as the Buick.

post-30661-143138725108_thumb.jpg

post-30661-143138725113_thumb.jpg

Edited by progoofoff (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Another Wonderful Buick.

I have been enjoying following the progress. Now, I am not sure I can wait until the BCA National in June. I have to find an excuse to get to Charlotte in April.

Also, are you planning to swap doors in the trailer, depending in which car you are hauling, or get a two car carrier? I am not sure what leaving both of them alone might create.

John

• 1 month later...

Progress continues. SMS furnished the door panels and did a

beautiful job but use the wrong shade of white. They are correcting

the problem so I`m waiting on their return.

To get the correct look for the trunk cardboard, I had my graphics

guy scan a good, clean area of the old liner then transfered it to a

sheet of self adhesive

vinyl.

post-30661-143138802881_thumb.jpg

post-30661-143138802886_thumb.jpg

Bob, that dashboard looks so great in white. That is a one car thing though, isn't it? I mean the rest of the model run wasn't that round area on the bottom black in all cars?

Not necessarily.

I have a spare white dash that came with my convertible with a black dash top. The white on the bottom appears to be original.

Bob, that dashboard looks so great in white. That is a one car thing though, isn't it? I mean the rest of the model run wasn't that round area on the bottom black in all cars?

John

My 55 CVT is all black, but my other 55's (two model 63 four door hardtops......production examples of Bob's car) have white under red and white under blue. A model 63 parts car is white under green and a model 46R parts car is all green. I guess we'll have to look at the 55's a little closer in July.

Willie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bob, sorry for the crazy question, but what is the little handle near the edge of the door for? It looks like a window handle, but no knob and since it has power windows, it can't be for that. It that the door lock switch? Just curious.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rob McDonald

BOB, I think Jim means, do the back doors on your car have the same sort of flipper switch for the door locks? They are unique. And when you say, "The 2 had the push-pull knobs", do you mean the 2-door hardtops?

4 Dr sedans had push - pull. All series, I think

If you check my other thread I finally posted a few pics of my cut-a-way nailhead I mentioned a few years ago

BOB, I think Jim means, do the back doors on your car have the same sort of flipper switch for the door locks? They are unique. And when you say, "The 2 had the push-pull knobs", do you mean the 2-door hardtops?

I corrected the previous post....

Yes, rear doors have the same lock as the front.

Bob

• 4 months later...

Congratulations on your Gold Senior win Bob. You and the magnificent 55 deserve it. What a site to see, the magnificent 55 and the beautiful 54 concepts sitting side by side. Sorry the heat forced you to forgo the awards banquet. But thanks for the honor of going up to receive your awards.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS Cod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit) anybody have pictures of this? my camera wasn't working right all week.