Photo
- - - - -

Calling all headlight experts, what is this one?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 stude8

stude8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:51 AM

A friend has a pair of what I think are 1930's headlight lenses to ID.
They are marked "Literite" and "Corcoran Lamp Co." What year and make car do they fit?
Stude8

Attached Thumbnails

• LENS-02504.JPG

#2 billybird

billybird

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:05 AM

Looks like 37-39 Ford or Lincoln. ???

#3 Dave Mellor NJ

Dave Mellor NJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,305 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:25 AM

Not Ford!! Could be DeSoto or an independent,something with a crease on the center of the fender,definitely 39 vintage.

#4 keiser31

keiser31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 20,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, OREGON

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:41 AM

Looks to be possibly 1939 Chrysler.

1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 business coupe w/ wire wheels
1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 business coupe w/ wood wheels (my 1st car and still have it)
and visions of my past old cars....

#5 stude8

stude8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

Thanks for the tips, the lenses are part of a lot of material donated to Studebaker National Museum as a fund raising effort.

I knew they were not Studebaker parts but now we have a direction to investigate.

If anyone has a use for these parts you may submit a bid to Jim Pepper @ jpepper@wi.rr.com
who is supervising the disposition of the parts.
Stude8

#6 Paul Dobbin

Paul Dobbin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSmoky Mountains

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

My vote is 1935 Huppmobile.
See On Deck: 1935 Hupmobile at Hemmings Blog – Classic and collectible cars and parts
Paul Dobbin
If you don't drive them, might as well collect clocks.

#7 Dave Mellor NJ

Dave Mellor NJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,305 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:51 AM

It's the same general shape as the Hupp but the Prisms are different. Look at the vertical crease,that is a continuous crease from the front bottom of the fender,up and over and ending at the running board.

#8 stude8

stude8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:41 PM

Again thanks for the Hupp lead, unfortunately we live in the scenic remote area of Southern Illinois called Shawnee National Forest.

Along with the quiet scenic benefits we suffer with the slowest DialUp ISP service in the USA. With no hope of improvement because of the lack of potential customers, local ISP providers have no incentive to improve internet service here.

SO the Hemmings site is not accessible here since they embed photos, not attach them and clicking on the site collapses what little band width we have available. I beg all friends to attach files not insert them that way we can select from the icons for what we need to open. It averages 5 minutes per MB file size, try living with that when you have 8 photos to open!

I'll be in town over the weekend and will use the library internet access that has high speed access to look at the Hupp images.
Stude8

#9 Dave Mellor NJ

Dave Mellor NJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,305 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:23 AM

If you have a yahoo search bar on top right of your screen ,type in 39 desoto car. I don,t know how to post the image,but you should see what I mean about the crease

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users