Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

1 hour ago, Rivman said:

I believe the comments about the RULES are more harmful than the rules themselves seem to be!

Are you saying I started the post about the “boattail aftermarket add-on” because I added information to YOUR original post that was asking about it?!?!?

Not in the least.  I'm to blame because I was the original poster when I asked if anyone had ever seen one of these before.  It's on my shoulders.

On 2/13/2020 at 6:12 PM, Hazdaz said:

Hey Rivnut, according to our new forum rules, these kind of non-stock aftermarket add-ons aren't allowed to be posted on this site any longer. 

You are in violation of those rules, my friend. 

(of course I personally don't care, but it just goes to show how ridiculous those rules are)

Hehehe,

Yeah I get the point.

Still not sure this would violate as it was officially embraced and marketed by Buick in 72.

2 hours ago, J3Studio said:

Everyone should just calm down—all of the kerfuffle on the main site has little to do with us. Trust me, I've been following the kerfuffle …

… all Rivieras of any type all the time in this forum!

What`s a kerfuffle? Must be a regional thing...

Tom

2 hours ago, kegart said:

I am looking at the picture or your interior.  What happened to the ac and heater controls? Your car looks great. 

The car was fitted with Vintage Air by a previous owner. I still have most all the original a/c stuff boxed up. He integrated it into the factory vent system in the dash.

31 minutes ago, jframe said:

The car was fitted with Vintage Air by a previous owner. I still have most all the original a/c stuff boxed up. He integrated it into the factory vent system in the dash.

A imagine that works well. Can you show us how it looks under the hood?

A couple of mine that I don’t have the space to get inside.

We got our couple inches of snow Thursday afternoon/evening, closed most schools for Thursday afternoon and Friday.

1567891936_IMG_5184(2).thumb.JPG.75e5b0b4053d9cbf8b77bf8cad98c04f.JPG

696079889_IMG_5196(2-2)(2).thumb.JPG.e743b3356bf0ebe6b316409fd8088238.JPG

Our last measurable snowfall was 430+ days ago, so obviously not something we are used to here in NC. Hopefully that will be it for the year and we won’t end up with an ice storm or two before winter’s end.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Rivman said:

A couple of mine that I don’t have the space to get inside.

We got our couple inches of snow Thursday afternoon/evening, closed most schools for Thursday afternoon and Friday.

1567891936_IMG_5184(2).thumb.JPG.75e5b0b4053d9cbf8b77bf8cad98c04f.JPG

696079889_IMG_5196(2-2)(2).thumb.JPG.e743b3356bf0ebe6b316409fd8088238.JPG

Our last measurable snowfall was 430+ days ago, so obviously not something we are used to here in NC. Hopefully that will be it for the year and we won’t end up with an ice storm or two before winter’s end.

It took my flight about an hour and forty minutes and two full de-icings to get off the ground at Raleigh-Durham International on Thursday evening. You folks have had more snow than we've had up in Philadelphia this year—weird.

Edited by J3Studio (see edit history)

Hello my father bought a 73 riviera and it’s has a chrome trim the begins at the windshield and travels along the side, follows the “V” in the rear to the bumper. Can someone please help us figure out what package/ edition this might be! We look online but haven’t found one like it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Vvargas said:

Hello my father bought a 73 riviera and it’s has a chrome trim the begins at the windshield and travels along the side, follows the “V” in the rear to the bumper. Can someone please help us figure out what package/ edition this might be! We look online but haven’t found one like it.

image.jpg

•  

It was an aftermarket add-on, not a factory, or even a dealer "package/edition."

Look at the first post on page 58 of this thread, there is an example of a "kit" that was promoted by GM for the '71 & '72, but nothing for the '73. In '73 they only produced a half vinyl top, so there would not have been anything factory added to continue onto the trunk lid for that year.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Rivman said:

It was an aftermarket add-on, not a factory, or even a dealer "package/edition."

Look at the first post on page 58 of this thread, there is an example of a "kit" that was promoted by GM for the '71 & '72, but nothing for the '73. In '73 they only produced a half vinyl top, so there would not have been anything factory added to continue onto the trunk lid for that year.

Thank you very much!

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 11:17 AM, J3Studio said:

It took my flight about an hour and forty minutes and two full de-icings to get off the ground at Raleigh-Durham International on Thursday evening. You folks have had more snow than we've had up in Philadelphia this year—weird.

I know the snow was falling pretty good Thursday evening here, I’m around 70 miles west of Raleigh, and I do believe they were supposed to get a bit more than we did. But it was probably as much inexperience as the snow for them to have to de-ice it twice. Like I said, it doesn’t happen much here in NC, so they probably don’t get much practice.

It was our first for the year, so it has been a pretty mild winter this year.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

Rivieras at the 1981 Buick Nationals 1981, Cedar Point Park, Sandusky, Ohio. The Breakers Hotel in the background.

001.thumb.jpg.c5ff517fd7620a21094c290acc375df3.jpg002.thumb.jpg.e06e3b8b00e8bc95c7f47146a9da7990.jpg

They weren't even twenty years old at this point—how many of these specific cars remain?

28 minutes ago, J3Studio said:

how many of these specific cars remain?

The green '65 GS is well known. The '64 with the black top is in my garage.

That's good providence for collector ownership of a 55 year old car today. Twenty-five years before a similar recognition was held for the Lincoln Continental, not many models have done that.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Rivdrivn said:

Time for new tires. These are 235/70s. Thinking of maybe going to 225/70s up front. Possibly switching to redlines. Any opinions?

5CC33A76-5650-46A7-B6A7-7DF0ECED090B.jpeg

Steve,

What do you have in mind for the total effect of the car - stock, modified, "Hot 60's"?  I think the tires should reflect the total attitude of the car.  You've done some modifications to the engine, but the interior and exterior still appear as stock.  Where are you headed? 

On 3/9/2020 at 7:20 PM, Rivdrivn said:

Nice. I always had hood clearance issues using the original equipment plus an open element from Billet Specialties. Do the Edelbrocks sit lower?

36FE30DE-14D7-4B6E-8D2D-49C52C4EB527.jpeg

Edelbrocks sit the same    that's an Eelco intake Its not supposed to fit but it does Cool part is carbs are spaced like chevy dual quads There are more options for air cleaner Mine clears by 1/4" at most I had to slightly trim 1 or 2 studs for hood trim pc   Its tough to find the element so I used cut off wheel to change height  then silicone cut side looks pretty good and it was easy  Your motor looks awesome bro I need those valve covers HAHA

• Like 1