Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

64 paint code N= Coral mist this is a 20 yo repaint in urethane I think, has an extra handful of metallic over factory. This picture at least on my screen catches it pretty close to exact. Dry car out of Nevada about to rack up some miles as a daily driver except from around Thanksgiving to the St Patricks Day Parade.

IMG_4018.JPG

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gungeey said:

Brian...mean looking,  like it eats subarus for lunch and drinks 91 octane by the pitcher ..NICE!

Haha. Thank you. I do love it but might be for sale to help finance a 65. If anyone is interested let me know

Brian

IMG_4549.JPG

IMG_4163.JPG

Edited by 71GS (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Pic found on Facebook.

"'71 Buick Riviera..... convertible

The theory is to use '71-'76 GM full-sized convertible windshield and header, side glass, 'scissors' top bows and hydraulic mechanism, and Eldorado hard boot to finish it off. The boattail part of the rear deck gets widened at the passenger compartment. The coupe's roof normally severely tapers, this convertible roof doesn't. The good news is the '71-'76 convertible top and side glass has beautiful lines when viewed from the side, so this Riv should look good top up or top down." (Steve Stanford)

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 3.19.47 AM.png

Edited by Chimera (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 6/25/2018 at 6:21 AM, Chimera said:

Pic found on Facebook.

"'71 Buick Riviera..... convertible

The theory is to use '71-'76 GM full-sized convertible windshield and header, side glass, 'scissors' top bows and hydraulic mechanism, and Eldorado hard boot to finish it off. The boattail part of the rear deck gets widened at the passenger compartment. The coupe's roof normally severely tapers, this convertible roof doesn't. The good news is the '71-'76 convertible top and side glass has beautiful lines when viewed from the side, so this Riv should look good top up or top down." (Steve Stanford)

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 3.19.47 AM.png

So this is yours or a planned build?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

I saw this in the Buick General forum. Very cool period ad photo.

770DC06F-D055-4A07-8BD1-3A2035AF4590.jpeg.620c5ef080bb96de9421d9d21bae1116.thumb.jpg.2310e96cbd6d101eeace9bc49cd19d18.jpg

The first time I saw this it made me wonder if this car is some shade of blue or is it silver and it won't reproduce when you try to copy it.

Two of these showed up at the 2018 meet.  It's a common agreement that the 1978 Riviera with the 403 V8, Turbo 400 transmission, rear wheel drive, and that plush interior may be the best riding Riviera ever built.  If you've never ridden in one, you can't make any comparisons.  Many of us have heard this from a lot of guys who've owned a number of different generation Rivieras. Ray Knott reiterated this when he presented the Best in Class award to one of them at the meet.

• Like 2

I’ll bet it’s screamin hot under the Cali sunshine!

My refridgerent is all leaked out.

I don’t dare take my double black out this time of year!

? 

How does R134 run in these ol gals?

I recently had someone re-guice the R-12 and it blows cold, But I have heard that doing the R134 conversion is not the best plan. So just need to find the R12 and qualified practitioner I would say.

Of course one would want to refresh the system before dumping a bunch or R12 in to avoid leakage. $$$$$

• Like 1

I think Marty Roth had a case of R-12 cans a few months ago.  I was looking for a couple of extras to have on hand, but he really wanted to sell the entire lot.  Maybe we can work something out among us if he still has them available...

• Like 1

Good day...

Finally got my '64 out of the shop where we rebuilt the motor, transmission, suspension, brakes, re-cored the radiator, plus a handful of other minor items....interestingly enough the recent discussions related to exhaust (primarily mufflers) and steering box are two issues that I still have to deal with...

The body and interior are basically still original, just over 120k miles, I've owned the car since 1980 and was a summer daily driver for nearly 25 years, (stored inside typically November to May) then it was parked in our one car shed for a number of years where I would periodically oil cylinders and crank it over until my son turned 16 and wanted to get er going...

Although I considered selling it, after owning the car this long, I decided to put some long overdue money into the mechanicals (and a bit of bling under hood) Valve covers showed up too late to paint with the engine, so I'll probably paint those (polish the ribs and logo) come winter...

Although the paint is old, tired and chipped here and there, I do have touch up paint that matches pretty close, and I like the idea of retaining the survivor aspect...Still has the original dealer badge.

Although far from a show car, it's still a pretty nice twenty-footer... and maybe someday I'll do the body... But for now, I'm simply going to enjoy driving it... Makes me feel twenty-something again...

Later, 

Mike Swick

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

The latest rendering of the Aqua Zephyr by automotive artist Brent Gill of Brent Designs. Check him out on Instagram @brentdesigns

The drawing was photographed under indoor lighting so it looks a little yellow. It's on white drawing paper. 

This low resolution picture doesn't do it justice.

20180709_152100.thumb.jpg.e2884ef0e9ad0ccaa911094595af7321.jpg

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

The latest rendering of the Aqua Zephyr by automotive artist Brent Gill of Brent Designs. Check him out on Instagram @brentdesigns

The drawing was photographed under indoor lighting so it looks a little yellow. It's on white drawing paper. 

Looks Great Mike!

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 9:24 AM, NC68Riviera said:

Saw this on Instagram 

Not my cup of tea but the owner obviously likes it! 

20180628_122250.thumb.png.63def368933225b11a7201a9f4e3e8d3.pngNow that is one Strange Beast!

Looks like a '63/64 Rif front end grafted onto a 1959 or 60 Corvette!

• 2 weeks later...