Early 1920s Innes

• 6 months later...
Guest De Soto Frank

The cars were made by Harry L. Innes, in Jacksonville, Florida.

The touring car in the right-hand photo is wearing a rigid top characteristic of Innes, and appears to have Florida plates on it.

The building in the background is intriguing, at least one of the "onion-tops" appears to have a reclining crescent moon on -top, suggesting some sort of Moorish architectural influence?

Since the LH photo is labelled as Florida State Fair, Jacksonville, I wonder if the other photo was taken in the same vicinity?

I believe Innes produced vehicles only for the 1921 season, so I don't imagine there were too many around the world; these probably stayed close to home ?

Edited by De Soto Frank (see edit history)

According to The Standard Catalog only about half a dozen pilot models had been built when Harry Innes died suddenly after a short illness at the age of 46. I guess what we see here in the show tent is most of what was built. The Specification Book for US Cars 1920-29 says that fewer than ten cars were built. The engine was by Supreme (of Warren Ohio) - a 3 3/8 x 5 (180 cid) four. I had not heard of Supreme Motors Corp until now, I wonder if they sold engines to anyone else.