1941 Streamliner

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jason, I noticed on your original pictures there is no medallion in the center of your rear bumper, can`t tell if the hole is there or if it`s been welded up. Do you have one? There is one listed on ebay item #142312297479, looks pretty good, missing some paint, and bit pricey. There was actually two options for the center of the rear bumper, the medallion, and a flip down center guard. Have you ever seen one? They`re both really rare items..  Tom

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/13/2017 at 5:28 PM, pont35cpe said:

Jason, I noticed on your original pictures there is no medallion in the center of your rear bumper, can`t tell if the hole is there or if it`s been welded up. Do you have one? There is one listed on ebay item #142312297479, looks pretty good, missing some paint, and bit pricey. There was actually two options for the center of the rear bumper, the medallion, and a flip down center guard. Have you ever seen one? They`re both really rare items..  Tom

Tom,

I'm sorry for such a late response for some reason I am not getting notifications on this post. I have the flip down Center Guard that you were talking about. It came installed on my car.

Edited by uscgjason (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I finally got the engine started and all the brake work done although they need to be adjusted, it runs and moves by itself. I'll post some more pictures as I get a chance. However I lost my partner in crime in this restoration as my dad passed in August so the going will be much slower now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 11:27 PM, uscgjason said:

Anyone know someone with knowledge of hope these cars go together in the East TN region? I am struggling a bit with reassembly.

Sorry I don't but it is great to see you here in the forums again!! 

On 10/15/2020 at 10:27 PM, uscgjason said:

Anyone know someone with knowledge of hope these cars go together in the East TN region? I am struggling a bit with reassembly.

Good to see you again Jason!  

Perhaps post pics of the problem areas. SOMEONE will see them and offer suggestions.

Ben

On 10/29/2020 at 5:18 AM, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Good to see you again Jason!  

Perhaps post pics of the problem areas. SOMEONE will see them and offer suggestions.

Ben

@uscgjason I agree with Ben.  Jason, if you post your specific questions, I'm sure you will get some help.  All of these GM cars were similar and you have access to a lot of knowledgeable people here even if you can't find a Pontiac expert.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I need some help with pictures of how your hood hinges attach tot the body and what kind of bolt/washer combos you are using. Pictures of a couple of different angles would help also. I need to move my hood from mom's place as she has decided to finally sell after dad's passing. The only place I have to store this thing is on my car so any insight is appreciated.

J

• Like 1