radiator stop leak

mrspeedyt

what's your take on using 'stop leak' and if yes what kind do you prefer? :confused: I have a small leak in the radiator top tank to the core and want to effect a temporary fix for the season. thanks!

Guest bkazmer

don't do it - I used one long ago on a daily beater. The leak stopped, but the car ran hotter, as I suspect the leak is not all that was plugged. Have a radiator shop solder the leak

what's your take on using 'stop leak' and if yes what kind do you prefer?......QUOTE]

Depends! A fast cure to get you by, maybe. I use solder seal, a dry grey colored powder. Works sometimes, sometimes not. I've never had anything run hot because of it. Then again, I'm in Virginia.

What can it hurt? You have to fix the radiator eventually anyway. Let me know what you end up doing.

Wayne

Guest brh

I wouldn't use it, heard too many tales of it plugging other things besides the radiator leak. Like heater cores. Just my .02.

Guest Bob Call

Over many decades I have used Bars Leak on a number of cars and never had a probem. I've had a couple that required 2 containers to stop the leak.

• 2 weeks later...