Stutz 1928 phaeton video

V.Milke

Hi guys:

I rarely visit the forum because there is really very little movement here. How about us participating more? Perhaps not only posting doubts or parts we are looking for, but also Stutz info we might find somewhere? Pictures? Videos?

Anyhow, to start up with this idea, here is a small, 20 second video I took of my car, being driven by my 14 year old son. Lowsy video, but..

Victor

Victor,

I enjoyed the video. It is great to see someone young into old cars, especially Stutzes. I guess I never thought about you having a son old enough to drive.

Here is a website about a Stutz being raced in 1938. I don't know what is says since it's in Spanish.

"http://antigosverdeamarelo.blogspot.com/2010/01/automobilismo.html"

Steve Pugh

Thanks for your comments. Yes Steve, I am old enough to have my own in-house chauffer. He really loves driving the old cars, but not working on them... that is one end of the hobby I need to promote with him. I also have two daughters, but they don't really care much for the cars.

As for the link, it is great info! It is in portuguese, from a Stutz race car in 1938 in Brasil. It questions what might have happened to that car... and I am sure many of us would kill to find such a toy, even though modified; I think it is beautiful!

Victor

• 2 years later...

Just a note... I was reading this old post and when I looked at the link for the Stutz race car in Brasil, I found a note posted there that translates to:

"Stutz that was sold to Paul Venancio da Rocha Vianna and his son Claudio Carvalho Werneck Vianna, eventually have an accident with it in the channel of Rio RJ Long.

I can assure that no longer exists as it was for scrap around 1946"

So sadly, no more dreaming on ever finding that race car.

Victor

Hi Steve. Good to hear from you!

Let's hope I find one... I had one located, but was very poorly restored, and lost track of it. So, now I know there are two hiding around down here... hopefully I will locate them one day.

Victor