Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Laferriere

I want to purchase some vintage clothing from the 30's.

18 posts in this topic

Your best bet is probably ebay. There you get good pictures of the clothing, as well as accurate measurements. I'd recommend taking your own measurements before hand, b/c clothes sizing has changed quite a bit since then. good luck!

Hi Tom,

Small world. I wanted to thank you for your recommendation to ship our Buick through Intercity.

Ebay is probably your best bet for vintage clothing unless you know your local vintage clothing stores and what to look for. Depending on the rarity of a suit / sweater etc, be prepared to spend anywhere from 150 - 500 or up.

There are a lot of us who collect original articles as a hobby, so sometimes the bidding can get a little nutty. If you'd like to PM me what you're looking for, I could keep an eye out for a few things for ya and send you links.

Hi Tom,

Ebay is probably your best bet for vintage clothing unless you know your local vintage clothing stores and what to look for.There are a lot of us who collect original articles as a hobby, so sometimes the bidding can get a little nutty. If you'd like to PM me what you're looking for, I could keep an eye out for a few things for ya and send you links.

uses of rain water

Just looking for a nice set of clothes for when I am touring in my 1934 Packard

Thanks

Just what the title says...anyone can help me?

Try Stiches in Time Janet Urbahns 248-349-4534

Check ebay and onlygoans. It requires some browsing and research job, but there is a chance that you'll find something really nice. Searching for original vintage clothing is always challenging though

I think I am seeking some jodhpurs and appropriate shirt and accessories, along with a hat. Still not finding what I want.

Try "Vintage Clothing" owned by Art and Grace Fitzpatrick in Grants Pass, Oregon. (541)955-5239. They advertise in the Horseless Carriage Club newsletters from an Oregon region. John

Did you try used clothing shops in your area? Also try consignment shops.

Al Storrs

You could take a fireman's uniform and cut it down into someting only you like :D

But don't try using it to tour in the UK

Try Google for "1930 cloths for sale" many sites out there. More for women than men. Good luck